Finding Center Of Object

Noticing a difference from Home Designer when I switched to Chief that I am wondering if it is a setting issue?

In Home Designer, when I hovered over a footing (say a deck footing), the program indicated where the center of the footing was.  I am not seeing this in Chief.  Anyone know what I am missing?

Thanks

maximus

Thanks for the response.  I just figured it out.  Seems a little cumbersome, but it works.  After selecting point to point measurement, I have around the edges of the deck footing and Chief starts to indicate the center of the square, on the outer edges of the footing, with little blue circles.  Then, without clicking anything, I hover towards the inside of the square (deck footing) and it joins the two center points with an X.  Again, in Home designer, you just hovered close to center and it bumped you there.....

Thanks for your response.  I got it figured out.  I think that the centering default is just responding different to CAD blocks than other items.  I figured out how it is acting.  Just seems a little more cumbersome...Or maybe that's me whining??

Maximus

57 minutes ago, 152431 said:

I think that the centering default is just responding different to CAD blocks than other items. 

Yes CAD blocks have an insertion point that may not be at the overall center. The insertion point is the only thing that can be snapped to. Try a wall outlet in HD and you will find that the insertion point is centered at the back along the wall-same in Chief.