roofs

crosscutter55

I have a raised ranch ,where the whole basement is exsposed . the second floor roof is a 5/12 pitch . On the basement level i would like to show a gable end facing the existing foundation . The second floor roof worked out fine but when i draw the roof on the basement level it goes up to the existing roof :( I cant figure out what i am doing wrong :( ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED :)

10 minutes ago, crosscutter55 said:

I have a raised ranch ,where the whole basement is exsposed . the second floor roof is a 5/12 pitch . On the basement level i would like to show a gable end facing the existing foundation . The second floor roof worked out fine but when i draw the roof on the basement level it goes up to the existing roof :( I cant figure out what i am doing wrong :( ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED :)

Pictures and the Plan would help....

Capture.thumb.JPG.44c3a13b98b90d840f3a70e4a7c01b63.JPG

This one?  what is it supposed to look like or be doing?

Try drawing the new foundation for the addition 1st......  at the moment the manual roof plane is referencing the 1st level ie 68"  not -68

it's because you have an above ground "basement"  , you could just of built the basement on level 1 and the 2nd floor on level 2....as the Program expects.

I would suggest using auto roofs for a simple structure like this, your roof planes don't join well and aren't aligned on the ends properly. Set the two end walls to gable in the wall dbx , the pitch to 5 in the build roof DBX and you are done...

I don't think that you can draw a roof plane lower than about Chiefs zero floor height by default.

Although you can draw it on level 0, in 3D it will display at about the level 1 floor height. 

Select the roof plane and use Transform/Replicate...Move to move it to the desired height.

6 minutes ago, glennw said:

I don't think that you can draw a roof plane lower than about Chiefs zero floor height by default.

Although you can draw it on level 0, in 3D it will display at about the level 1 floor height. 

Select the roof plane and use Transform/Replicate...Move to move it to the desired height.

That does appear to be the Issue ........

you can set the heights manually CC55, but they will all need to be negative numbers to force it below CA's set level 1 height of 0"

I just thought it better to force the whole structure up one level above