Elevation Benchmark

Sweeney

Hi all, 

Wondering if there is a way to set a benchmark elevation to "0"? I recently finished up a set of condocs and today the client wanted to change the basement stem wall from 9' to 12'.  Instead of adjusting each room from the basement up, I would rather drop the basement down to account for the extra 3' and then reset that -3' floor change to the "0" benchmark. This would help in story pole dimensions and setting heights of all sorts of imported Sketchup pieces.

Thanks in advance,

Austin

When you say "benchmark elevation", I assume you are talking about the zero height level as indicated when you generate an auto storey pole dimension.

So, it seems like you need to change your stem wall as required.

Before generating the auto storey pole dimension, open up the Auto Storey Pole Dimension default dbx.

Go to the Locate Elevations panel and make sure Elevation Reference is set to Grade Level Marker. Then, just above, you can set the height of the Grade Level Marker.

Or play around with these settings to get what you want.  

Doing what Glenn suggests I think you can easily make the Storey Pole look Correct

Are your Sketchup Objects referencing Floor Height or Absolute height though ?

IRL ( in real life) are you making the House 3ft higher or the basement 3 feet deeper though to get a 12ft basement?

It's not that hard to set level 1's absolute height to 36" and then reset level 2 to "default" height and so on up.... this would/could effect the sketchup objects though which is why I asked.....

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    F16Squeaky
    Newest Member
    F16Squeaky

• By TrimbachDesign
      Hello Chief friends,

I've been struggling and searching this topic but cannot seem to come up with the information that I am looking for. Basically, I have a sloping site and want to draw the uphill stemwall (top) 2'0" higher than the downhill wall. The floor system will ledger off the uphill wall, and the uphill stemwall top should finish about 2'0" higher than subfloor elevation. Wood wall framing will then be 2'0" shorter on this uphill side. Additionally, I'll be using some retaining walls extending off of the foundation to retain the up hill fill material. 

I was able to "drag up" the top of the stem walls on the uphill wall to gain this two feet of elevation. However, there are all sorts of issues with wall intersections that I cannot seem to clean up. I think that what I am after is forcing the taller wall to run through, but I can't seem to force that in my foundation drawing or 3d view. There has to be a better way... Also, now the subfloor and some trim is sticking through the stem wall. 

I'm running x12 on MacOSX. 

Appreciate any help you all can provide! 

Thanks,
      Austin

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, is there a way to display the ceiling elevation (height) on plan view, as we typically show them on architectural drawings?
    • By divreig
      I think I am missing something. I want the "Text Below Line" on my Elevation Camera Labels/callouts to show the sheet number. And make this the default. Does any one know how? 
    • By AndrewCass88
      Hello I'm having an issue w/ my elevation. How do you get it to update automatically what layout page it is on?

• By Aamir77
      Good day, all of you.
      Need your kind attention to finalize a front elevation of a house. The plan is attached Aamir77_gutted_MHD_Rev1.zip to the post. Please confer me a little segment of your precious time. I have been up to 3 types of front elevation which are also attached herewith as pictures. Thanks in advance.