Aamir77

problem ceiling lights

Hi,

Facing problem in putting the recessed lights on a slab made under the ceiling though tried to adjust the offset from the ceiling but failed. Help!

Try opening the light symbol DBX and under Options > Placement, Choose "Floor Mounted" then go back to the object DBX under the General tab and set the Position > "Offset From Floor".  That should solve the issue. 

14 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Try opening the light symbol DBX and under Options > Placement, Choose "Floor Mounted" then go back to the object DBX under the General tab and set the Position > "Offset From Floor".  That should solve the issue. 

tried with no luck either!

Even in render view, I cannot put a puck light right from under the slab. Here the 5b7bbacbd3d4e_22sample.thumb.jpg.c4905fa27e0c4cbb81cd4cf1339edf5c.jpgpicture is attached I want to put some lights on the white slab.

That should work even if you don't have a floor.  Did the instructions make sense?

If all else fails open the Symbol DBX and on the General tab Origin Offset adjust the "Z Position".

Now can you please guide how to make multiple copy option follow the arced line?

Use a Distributed Path instead of Multiple Copy?

Just a guess as I am not at my computer.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cwbhunter
    Newest Member
    cwbhunter

• By olivia222
      I am a new user, and am working on my first multi level dwelling. I know how to create a ground floor foundation, but want to create mid floor slabs for the levels above. I have tried a few things but nothing will appear in cross section as a solid obvious object. It will be a timber structure, but I dont want to indicate that at this stage, just a solid floor.

• By mbdesigns
      How do I fix this situation where the slab is showing through my foundation wall?

• By wnschoen
      I am always trying to simplify/template things as much as possible - does anyone know why: " If Monolithic Slab Foundation is checked, the current Floor Structure will be replaced by a single 4” (100 mm) layer of concrete with footings that can be seen in camera views only. "  -  why does not the Program generate the slab as a layer on the Plan View on the Foundation Level?  Am I missing something obvious?  I like how the 'Slab Footing' wall has a camfer option, I just don't understand why if the Monolithic Slab Foundation is generated automatically it can't show up as a regular Layer?

• By CA-User
      Everytime I change a room to a deck, it changes the deck, but puts a slab under it. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? It must be a foundation setting but I can't see what is happening.

Also, we do mainly raised homes, so I am trying to set up a default floor system that has the internal setting, but the deck posts. I copied the Deck setting and modified it but it still puts a slab. Until now, I have been using a slab and putting a 1mm thick setting, and adding posts manually. 

• By Chiefnewell
      I need Storage room 3 raised 17 in. above rest of existing building.Outside stays the same.  Can anyone help. 

Chief x9
      Windows 10
      Newell Cheatheam
      newell@newellcheatheam.com 
      Peterek.Bala Da Platt Development.plan