Issues with layout page and Logo

Evolution

I added a logo to the layout page template I created for these projects. I used copy and paste of our co. logo. Resized it, pasted into page -0- of my layout templates and it looked great when finished.  If I tried any other way besides pasting as a picture the logo is just a big black square, so I thought I was using the correct method, however; after closing the files and reopening each day since, when first opened, the picture of the logo is just a black square, and I have found no way to adjust it to use it, and the printed test page also prints it as a black square. So each time I close the layout file and reopen it I have to delete the solid black square, and replace it with a fresh cut / paste of the logo.   Any suggestions?

Fix Logo.PNG

Logo.PNG

F&F LOGO.PNG

For years I have imported image files for my title blocks for myself and for clients. I do NOT use the paste command, never have. I use the "File - Import Image" command on page Zero of a layout, then open the image file and mark it "Embed in Layout". As long as you do not rename or relocate such images they will then faithfully appear as you intend. 

DJP

41 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

For years I have imported image files for my title blocks for myself and for clients. I do NOT use the paste command, never have. I use the "File - Import Image" command on page Zero of a layout, then open the image file and mark it "Embed in Layout". As long as you do not rename or relocate such images they will then faithfully appear as you intend. 

DJP

David, if you don't mind, a little more info? The logo I'm using is in my email signature. Do I need to copy it, and save as a PDF, PNG or other file, before I import it?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Evolution said:

David, if you don't mind, a little more info? The logo I'm using is in my email signature. Do I need to copy it, and save as a PDF, PNG or other file, before I import it?

Thanks!

I don't see the F&F Logo ( 3rd pic in post 1 ) in you Forum Signature ?  but as David said any image type file should work , if Save in plan is Checked in the Image's DBX I would of thought it wouldn't have this issue though. ( ie the link being lost )

Put the logo File in your Chief Data Folder and import it from there , then you should always have it and the link should always work , saving it "In plan" can increase File size but the size of a Logo shouldn't matter too much in this case.

M.

• Upvote 1