user library gone

aroe69

so, ..... WTH CHIEF ARCHITECT.. this isnt the first time this has happened!!!!  closed out a file come back 2 minutes later and my user library has disappeared into thin air.. all other libraries are there.. what gives.. this  really blows and is going to affect soooo many jobs !!

please call with a fix

504 335 6660 

If you need to speak to someone over the phone it is probably best to call tech support.  Be aware that if your SSA isn't current there is a fee for that service.

Otherwise, folks here will reply with suggestions and tips as they have time.  It would be helpful if you would tell us which version of cheif you are using, and you might want to add those details to your signature so that you don't have to include them with everything you post in the future.

As for your problem, I remember this happening to me once, but I don't recall the cause or how I fixed it.  I'll see if I can offer you some tips when I get back to the ofdice.

Awesome thanks Kervin... yea I typically can fix any issues or probs that come up but this is beyond me.. 

Aaron 

X10 

OS Name             Microsoft Windows 10 Home

System Type      x64-based PC

Processor            AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor, 3200 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date          American Megatrends Inc. 1.60, 7/27/2017

SMBIOS Version               3.0

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)             16.0 GB

I assume you tried the usual like rebooting and restarting CA ?

You haven't accidentally set a Library Filter to ON have you?   ( seen that one here before )

Is the User Library File still where it is supposed to be ?  Preferences>Folders>Show button will tell you where it should be...

• Like 1

Hey Mick.. yep rebooted, ... no filters on user library, ....and there was no user library here..C:\Users\redes\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X10 Data\Database Libraries ..... i had back up from amonth ago but ive added a bunch since then.. uggh

So it says not filtered at the top of the Library Window?

maybe time to call Tech Support ....they won't call you .....I have seen this reported a few times so there maybe a fix... please let us know if you do find out.

just had a thought.... Win10 installed a cumulative Update this week , maybe it messed something up?

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/company/contact.html

no 1-800 no# anymore though....