Color Fill in Layout

robdyck

I'm experiencing more color fill issues and wasting enough time dealing with this that I could just about learn a different software program. At any rate, until Chief fixes it, here's my workaround:

-2 matching cameras sent to layout

-camera 1(elevation or section view), sent to back, live view, all lines settings turned blank

-camera 2(elevation or section view), sent to front, plot lines, NO color fill.

Still a complete waste of time and energy and disk space and 2 layouts to update with each change, but at least it doesn't look like a 3 -year old got a hold of your pencil crayons.

And you gotta love the support system of mailing letters back and forth to each other while the days tick by and your clients wonder where their drawings are...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, KervinHomeDesign said:

have you tried this?

Yes that is the problem. Plot Lines with Color Fill.  Can't really tell from your screen shot but if you have figured out a way to make it work properly please do tell.

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes that is the problem. Plot Lines with Color Fill.  Can't really tell from your screen shot but if you have figured out a way to make it work properly please do tell.

Can you show me the result you are getting and what isn't working for you?  I'm to clear on what your problem is.  

Also, you are not the original poster, but you seem to be answering for them.  I'm a little confused...

22 minutes ago, KervinHomeDesign said:

Can you show me the result you are getting and what isn't working for you?  I'm to clear on what your problem is. 

5b0329394ffc6_SectionViewOffsetDistortion.jpg.5e5d83a8c58e7a2ab62326f6acfee1ee.jpg

There is a slight offset issue.  Can you see It ?  Not really fair to the handicapped is it.

24 minutes ago, KervinHomeDesign said:

Also, you are not the original poster, but you seem to be answering for them.  I'm a little confused...

Don't be confused as this is a serious issue with several other threads that Rob and I and many others have participated in.

Kinda disappointed to see Rob loosing points bringing attention to a serious problem and providing  a useful solution.

It seems chief has a lot of these types of problems to fix but until the complaint quota is reached nothing appears to happen.

14 hours ago, KervinHomeDesign said:

I've noticed this too, but never had an issue with it.  I guess I don't demand the same level of accuracy as others.  But if it causes an issue...

Rod, it only became a problem when I started switching to full color plans. Some of my clients prefer the full color option for the additional context it provide to trades and suppliers.

The color fill offset is rarely a problem, but when it happens it's kind of gross to deal with. I haven't been able to recognize any pattern for when or why it happens, so I posted my workaround in hopes it would help some who are dealing with the same issue.