X6 Dimension Bug

tommy1

If you place a base cabinet and make it 80" wide for example, then place a vanity sink (I'm using round). Then if you run a dimension to the sink, you can't move the sink using the dimension string. If you move the sink manually, you see the dimension string move with it so that tells me the the dimension string is dimensioning to the sink and not the cabinet. This appears to be a bug. Has anyone experienced this? I can duplicate it many times. I changed the drawer to a false draw to see if it makes a difference but no.

I've had this happen to me a couple of time lately. One time I was trying to move a door. The other time I think it was a window, so it's showing as a problem in a number of places.  I found by closing CA and then reopening it corrected the problem. I work from my home office so there are times I have CA open on the computer for days at a time. This probably doesn't help the problem and I just figured that was the main root of the problem when it would correct once I closed CA down and then reopened it. Maybe I was just lucky.  :)  

That didn't work. Good idea though. I did notice that if you select the cabinet, the cabinet moves by that dimension. However, if you select the sink and move the sink, the dimension moves with the sink. SO, the dimension is connected to both but only works with the cabinet when trying to move using the dimension. The only way to move the sink with the same dimension is to move the sink manually. This isn't right. Buggy.

If the sink is inside the cabinet and the only way to select it is to use the tab key, then you can't move it using the dimension.  If you place the sink outside of the cabinet and then drag it over the cabinet, you can move it using the dimension.  As far as I know, Chief has always worked this way and this is not a new problem in X6.

If the sink is inside the cabinet and the only way to select it is to use the tab key, then you can't move it using the dimension.  If you place the sink outside of the cabinet and then drag it over the cabinet, you can move it using the dimension.  As far as I know, Chief has always worked this way and this is not a new problem in X6.

I think TB  understands this as do I,  totally separate issue.