Time for new computer

RL-inc

11 hours ago, CARMELHILL said:

During my last upgrade in 2014 I noticed a bigger jump in performance. On this upgrade, not as much. But there is a difference in my office usage that affects the apparent performance..... I don't do the design work as much as I did in 2013. I don't use the 3d rendered views as much. Now I spend half my day redlining my employees work, trying to search out new clients, and balancing the financial books.

I REALLY needed this recent upgrade because one of my two new employees I hired in April was using an old off the shelf (B.J's Wholesalers I think) Dell XPS 8400. It was SOOOO SLOWWWW. I promised him a new computer very soon. So when the 3900X came out, it was time. It probably would have been much easier to give him the new rig (drivers and office sensitive files are a pain in the ass to move/reinstall), but what fun would that be? My other new employee uses a rig identical to my 2014 build (built 3 months apart).

Thanks Edward, I was in a bad place with my old rig, just outgrew its capabilities and it just couldn't keep up with every day usage. Very happy with the new set up but really haven't tested it yet on a new larger plan.

I will if I do get a new NVMe drive I'll do some time tests for undo etc. and see if there's any discernible difference. Thanks gain for the update...