WBCdesigner

deleting dimensions

How do I select dimensions only? My plan is a mess and I would like to start fresh with what dimensions I want to display. I am using x10 on a Mac.

7 minutes ago, solver said:

Edit>Delete Objects

You could have been a little nicer when you said that.   After all, we are all about the feelings here ;)

• Upvote 1

its ok I'll take the answers any way they come! ....But is there a way to select only dimensions using the mouse and holding down a certain key as I drag a box over a area were I want to select dimensions?

Just now, WBCdesigner said:

its ok I'll take the answers any way they come! ....But is there a way to select only dimensions using the mouse and holding down a certain key as I drag a box over a area were I want to select dimensions?

Yes.  Switch to a dimension tool and then hold down Control or Shift while you marquis select.

5 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Yes.  Switch to a dimension tool and then hold down Control or Shift while you marquis select.

That works for walls, windows, doors, cabinets etc too.

I tried selecting a dimension tool holding down control and marquis select  and it did not work I also tried shift?? 

Select a dimension tool, then select while holding Shift -- or use the Delete Objects.

What was meant was to click on the tool bar icon for creating a new dimension string (or whatever hot key you have assigned to create a new dimension string) then hold Shift and do a marquee selection over your entire area where you want to delete the dims. This makes your gross selection specific to the active tool. This will not work for selecting awesome clients. That is a custom tool bar icon not yet available except in metric.