Recommended Posts

Hello,

1. if I move the dimension out of the room after doing my interior room dimension, i am missing extension line on one side. why is that?

2. if I do the continues interior dimensions for all the room and if i want to move only one dimension out of the room i am not able to move it why?

3. if i want align a dimension to be in one line how that can be achieved?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you post images showing the missing extension? Were you using the Interior Dimension tool?

 

51 minutes ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

2. if I do the continues interior dimensions for all the room and if i want to move only one dimension out of the room i am not able to move it why?

 

Don't understand.

 

52 minutes ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

3. if i want align a dimension to be in one line how that can be achieved?

 

Dimension lines will snap to a CAD line, but not the reverse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you very much for your reply. as requested attached is a screen shot. I am using X10. The 12'-0" dimension was inside the bedroom. as i moved out extension line is missing (where is now pointing near the door). but if i move further to the right passing the wall corner then the extension line re-appears. Any suggestions

image.thumb.png.ee549ecaf3b726db709ed2da87bf1a88.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now to question # 2. if i do a series of interior dimensions for couple of rooms and if i want to move only one of the dimension out of one of the room. the program does not allow me. if i move one all the rest of the dimensions in the series moves out as well. any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now regarding my signature it is always there since you advised me how to do it last time. is that a generic comments. i could see my signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be better if you could expand on your signature with system and chief version information.  Take a look at what I'm showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

now to question # 2. if i do a series of interior dimensions for couple of rooms and if i want to move only one of the dimension out of one of the room. the program does not allow me. if i move one all the rest of the dimensions in the series moves out as well. any suggestions?

 

I suspect you have drawn a dimension string - it is a single object - you can't manipulate the individual segments. I suggest you download the Reference Manual for the version of Chief you are using, and review the Dimension chapter to gain a complete understanding of the different types of dimensions and how they work. Also, please include the version of Chief you are using in your signature, not in your post (unless your post relates to a deprecated version of Chief).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

thank you very much for your reply. as requested attached is a screen shot. I am using X10. The 12'-0" dimension was inside the bedroom. as i moved out extension line is missing (where is now pointing near the door). but if i move further to the right passing the wall corner then the extension line re-appears. Any suggestions

image.thumb.png.ee549ecaf3b726db709ed2da87bf1a88.png

 

This is just how Chief behaves - the dimension line is referencing the wall surface, and Chief isn't "smart" enough to realize that the wall surface is not visible due to the door opening, so it doesn't draw an extension line. As far as I know, you can't do anything to prevent this behavior. If it's important enough, as a workaround you could draw a CAD line to act as an extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27469
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    THDesign
    Newest Member
    THDesign
    Joined
  • Similar Content

    • By wjmdes
      Not sure if this was an issue in X11, but in X12, I added "FIELD VERIFY" to Trailing Text under Segments and it also added "FIELD VERIFY" into the extension next to the elevation.  Fortunately, in this case, that is fine, but maybe an issue in the future.

    • By Chiefusermickey
      Is there any way to force new objects such as a window, wall, or door to snap to the grid? I have my snap grid/snap unit set to 1". I would like for new items to be placed in the plan on a whole inch and not fractions. As it is I can drop in an object and the dimensions to it will be off the grid and not a whole number. I have to manually move the object to get the dimension to a whole number. I have attached an example of my problem. To many unwanted fractions. 
    • By Christhebuilder
      I don't have the option for auto interior dimensions available in the dimension drop down menu. Am I missing a setting that makes its available? Auto exterior is there, NKAB is there, Just not auto interior. What am I missing? 
    • By DeckQuestions
      I need my CA walls to match these drawn measurements, but I'm having trouble getting both the diagonal-wall-length and horizontal-wall-to-horizontal-wall dimensions to agree. I think it's because CA can't/won't automatically alter the angle of the diagonal wall.
       
      Is there a way to get everything where I want it without eyeballing and manually fine tuning the the angle?
       
       

       

    • By cjanderson66
      Does anyone have a good way of doing a dimension for an arc.  I was so used to AutoCAD's nice way that you could dimension an Arc/Radius easily and have not found one way to do it nicely that I like.  I would love for CA to have an Arc dimension child menu that would be customizable.  I would also like CA to have the the dimension feature a bit more customizable as well as I don't really like the arrows either and would love a bit more of an Architectural arrow.