Designer needed for General Contractor - Contract Based

Bretkennedy74

Hi all. I am a GC based in LA. I currently do my own designs and am still learning chief but I am now looking to scale the company. What I am looking for is is someone who can take my 2d plan drawings and input them into chief ( I will be using home designer pro). 

I would like to set up some basic recurring items. Shaker cabinets, fridge, range.

I will lay out the basic idea of the room on 2d with measurements and locations of cabinets, windows doors etc. I need someone to draw this up in Chief, add in any tile/backsplash colour that needs to be added. Once this is all done, I would like to get layouts that I can then pass onto my subs for cabinets, electrical etc. It will be simple to start with and could get a little more complex, but I have an architect doing the framing when i have professional drawings done. 

It would be on a contract basis. Shouldn't take more than an hour or 2 for someone who knows what they are doing.

Anyone interested, please message me

bret

On 5/4/2018 at 7:54 AM, javatom said:

I have learned to avoid working with people that think something only takes an hour.

Couldn’t agree more.  I used to have an electrician years ago who was a good ole southern boy.  I gave him quick description of a little project I needed him to do, adding that it should be pretty easy.

He responded in a slow southern drawl... “It all sounds easy if you say it fast enough”.  

I absolutely loved it.  

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Maggie331
    Newest Member
    Maggie331

• By AzjahGreen
      Hi! 

I'm Azjah! I would love to work with you on your project. I have extensive and expert-level experience in my professional Home Design role; my experience in Certified Computer-Aided Drafting and Certified Professional Chief Architect knowledge may align immensely well with your needs. I have enjoyed bringing a vision to life since a young age and I am very excited to hear about your project. 

I am a top performer who goes beyond to deliver quality support and guarantee deadlines are met. I sharpened my abilities in preparing plans, 3d Renders, creative interior, and exterior home designs, as well as HVAC, plumbing, and material takeoff.  throughout my career to build my value in the field. I have been commended for my dedication to developing creative and timely completion of work.

I have attached a few of my projects below for reference. Please let me know when you would be available for an
      initial 15-30 minute call (free of charge) so we can discuss your project in
      more detail and identify how my skill set would work best for you.

Best Regards, 
      Azjah Green. 

• By ericepv
      Floor plans and renderings for marketing and planning from a Rochester, NY based company available for remote work. I am a long time Chief user (X6 to X14) and have worked for many commercial and residential clients across North America. You can view samples of my work on my website, Houzz profile  or my YouTube channel.

Please contact me directly at 585-441-5291 EST or by email: eric@epvisualz.com.

• By LegacyChief
      Work with a talented team of staff and contractors to develop construction plans for our customers. Simple garages to extravagant homes. Not a remote position. Office, computer, software provided. PTO, VACATION, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision. Advancement opportunities.

LegacyMetalsLLC.com
      Call Dennis Piper for more information at:
      270-887-0488 ext. 103.
    • By SLInteriors
      Interior Design Firm looking for assistance with Chief Architect floor plans and renderings (2d and 3d). Most projects are individual rooms or a main floor, some exteriors as well. All details for drawings and finishes would be provided.  Require someone with attention to detail. Able to turn around under a week.

If interested, please message me with your hourly rate as well.

Thank You!
      SLI
    • By TimelessJohn
      Hi All,

"Roof Beams Appear as Solid Timbers not I-Beams as Preferred."

I have a small insignificant detail problem that I wish to resolve and wonder if anyone has a Tip or Trick to fixing the fact that my Steel I Beams show up perfectly in my Posts and Deck patio beams but not in my roof beams.

I have changed all of my defaults to I Beams in my settings to no avail, just curious if this a detail I will have to learn to live with or a glitch in Chief?

Also I would like my I beams to show in the interior walls and imagine in order for this to happen I will need to create a niche and paint it black steel? Correct?

Please see attached image.

Thank you in advance,
      John
      Modders ADU Plan V3.plan