warrenwest

X10 crashes

Dang nabbit. Is it just me or is anyone else having this issue? Since last weeks update, 6 crashes in the space of 2 client presentations on a new MacBook pro. Since the update today 3 crashes in the space of half an hour on my iMac ( never had this issue before ). Basically making the software unusable at the moment.

I haven't had any crashes, but I can't do any decent renderings and raytrace is not working well at all.

There have been known issues with X10 and Intel integrated 600 series graphics chips. CA just released an X10 update this week with fixes to address this issue. Might be worth trying to see if this solves the problem.

Yes, I saw the update but I was a little apprehensive on downloading it for fear that it would slow my system down. I'll give it a try.

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

There have been known issues with X10 and Intel integrated 600 series graphics chips. CA just released an X10 update this week with fixes to address this issue. Might be worth trying to see if this solves the problem.

It just got worse after the update. I have contacted support so will wait and see.

Just now, warrenwest said:

It just got worse after the update. I have contacted support so will wait and see.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have a system that is affected by this issue but have not had time to test it, I'll will now hold-off.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Thanks for the heads-up. I have a system that is affected by this issue but have not had time to test it, I'll will now hold-off.

My Spectre is working better after the most recent update. I only ran quick tests so far, still sluggish but no SEH crashes when going through a wall or other object, PBR appeared stable.

I'll try to fit in some more extensive testing over the weekend.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MarkMc said:

My Spectre is working better after the most recent update. I only ran quick tests so far, still sluggish but no SEH crashes when going through a wall or other object, PBR appeared stable.

I'll try to fit in some more extensive testing over the weekend.

Thanks Mark, are you testing this with the most recent Intel driver?

58 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Thanks Mark, are you testing this with the most recent Intel driver?

Using 22.20.16.4836_10/17/17 Latest that HP wants to install, the one that has been trouble, had tried a newer one with update prior but reverted since it did nothing. I've been leaving it on that driver so I can project to the TV since the old one doesn't work and using X10 on the Spectre is not something I'll be doing a lot of from what I see.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Resolvetheissue
    Newest Member
    Resolvetheissue

• By Clemson_Causey
      So this is more just an FYI, but my current IMac that I use does not support X12 due to older video card and older OS system.  So was looking to get a NEW computer and have loved the reliability of the IMac, but was frustrated the the latest IMacs that were just released still had subpar video cards.  So have been doing a lot of research with Chief Architect Help Desk, Apple, and other PC manufacturers like Dell/HP and just wanted to share in case any other Chief Users out there were looking to invest in a New Mac.
      The end result is this: the current AMD Pro Vega video card in the 2019 IMacs will run Chief X12, but Chief is moving towards all their platforms using "ray-tracing" video cards that support Direct X, or the Metal platforms.  The Nvidia RTX 2080ti card is one of the best cards on the market to support the Direct X platform and ray tracing.  However, Apple only uses AMD chips at the time.  (and yes you can use add on hardware that reads the Nvidia card, but not looking to invest $3800 in a new IMac, and then have to use an EPU to get the graphics correct).  So Chief advised that IF I wanted to stay with Apple products, they advised waiting until later this year to see if AMD and Apple's new releases will have the "Metal" platform on their graphics cards, which will support future versions of where Chief is headed.
      Therefore, although I hate not upgrading and using X12, and I considered switching to a PC, which are very good, I decided to wait it out and see what Apple does later this year with their upgrades and newer video cards with AMD.  Here is a link to explain more of the Metal platform that Apple is using. https://developer.apple.com/metal/
      Since I had done so much research, just wanted to share with anyone who was looking to get a new Mac this year.  Again, current Macs will support and run Chief great, I just wanted to make sure that when I invest in a new computer, that it will still run Chief upgrades well 2-3 years from now.  Hope this helps!
    • By Alyssa5
      Hi, 
      I have attached a couple of screenshots to best describe my problem
      Whenever I move the camera view, I get this sort of distort colouring on my walls?
      Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks

• By KTransue
      Am I the only one having problems getting Function Keys to work on a MacBook Pro (with the Touch Bar feature)?  They didn't work on my 2016 model, and still don't work on my new 2018 model.  Function Keys do perform their expected behaviors as assigned by the operating system, but not as "Hotkeys" assigned within Chief Architect.  I am concluding that CA has not tested or remedied Function Key behaviors on Mac notebooks newer than 2015, and that they must not be supported on these newer Macs.  Am I wrong about this?  Please tell me I'm wrong about this...
    • By Designers_Edge
      I have been working in X10 w latest update, setting up my defaults in a custom floor plan template for my kitchen or bath remodels.  When I check out my door style selections etc in the full camera view, the cabinet lines are blurry and jagged WHEN the camera view is at an angle.  When the camera view is straight on like a wall elevation, everything is perfect. I edited the current camera and turned off bloom, reflections, ambient occlusion etc., but it made no difference.  I hope someone can tell me how to eliminate or improve what should be a straight forward quick view of a room.  Thank you so much.

iMac Retina 5K, OS High Sierra--

I have several screen shots showing:
      1.  A straight on full camera view without these issues
      2.  An angled camera view and Chief Architect default camera settings
      3. An angled camera view with all of the default camera settings turned off.

• By JRJones
      HELP!  Trying to determine the best system to auto-input interior measurements into my newly purchased Chief X9 (IBS2018) software loaded onto my MacBook Pro or iPad.  Looking around it appears the Leica 910 Pro system may work, but not seeing where others are using it with Apple products.  I have a large 10,000+ house that I want to produce an as-built drawing in March2018.  It has many areas with high ceilings and lofts with complex rooflines.  I'd love to invest in the correct instrumentation to speed up data input into Chief Arch. X9.  I'd also be willing to switch to Windows system if necessary.  Also wondering if there are tripod mounted 3D auto-scanning systems that work with Chief. X9.  Does Chief offer training with these systems that go beyond Room Planner?

Thanks,  Jim Jones
      MacBook Pro w/OS10.13.3 Mid 2015
      Chief X9 upgradable to X10 once beta is done.