Exterior Wall Inside Corner And Interior Wall

4hotshoez

I have two different wall types meeting on an inside corner where an interior wall intersects. But the interior wall does not connect properly unless exterior material are the same. I tried making them the same then changing them back after the interior wall is properly placed, but the exterior wall jumps over as shown in the screen shot. Is there a work around for this problem?

How do I show images/attachments?

CA X6 trial version on Mac OS. I don't think the trial version will allow me to send a plan file because I cannot save. I am just learning still. But I would like to know if there is a fix or work around.

I have the screen shot now.

post-2194-0-38364800-1407707358_thumb.png

Works fine for me , did you draw the interior wall from the connection up to the other wall or down to the interior corner ?  I ask cos possibly the wall layers are reversed? and chief will try to line up the "main layer" of each wall.

M.

select the wall and use the reverse layers icon on the edit toolbar , see if that is the issue?

if that don't help delete the interior wall and draw down from the top to the corner ( and drag to line up 100% if needed as I did), Interior walls don't always matter for layers but generally you draw in a clockwise direction to get the main layer to the outside.

It of course may not be a layers issue but I was able to do it ,using the same wall types as you.

M

I tried some stuff and it worked satisfactorily. I found an intersection clean up tool and moved a few grips, but this was after moving the interior wall over a few inches to line up with the corner to remove the bump. But then I had a vertical strip of 2x4 showing in the wall surface. That is when the wall intersection tool helped. Glad to know it is possible to clean up with out too much trouble.