Horizontal lattice siding, just like skip-sheathing

GeneDavis

I want to model a building that is going to house limb-wood fuel for a maple-sugar farm.  1x3 slats will be applied horizontally with 3/4-inch space between, and that is it.  No other finish on the framing outside or in.

Can this be done in Chief?  I have not begun yet, and was wondering how a molding polyline might do, a vertical string of 1x3s in section, to get me up to plate height.  I can do p-solids to front the gable ends.

12 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I want to model a building that is going to house limb-wood fuel for a maple-sugar farm.  1x3 slats will be applied horizontally with 3/4-inch space between, and that is it.  No other finish on the framing outside or in.

Can this be done in Chief?  I have not begun yet, and was wondering how a molding polyline might do, a vertical string of 1x3s in section, to get me up to plate height.  I can do p-solids to front the gable ends.

Could achieve the effect with a png file with transparency, a pattern file for vector views and bump/normals/ambient occlusion maps...if your'e on SSA I'm assuming you're up to x10 and your sig just hasn't been updated? If you make a quick cad sketch of what you want I would help you out

You can use a series of material regions or a symbol along with the new Inserts Into Wall option and its Wall Cutout Polyline.  Here's a quick example using the series of material regions.  Just make the series for one wall, block it, and then copy/paste it around the plan as necessary in plan view.  The material regions supply for the gaps, NOT the 1x3s.  You can use a material region with a gap material type but I prefer to just turn the layer off in the desired views...

5ad0ca7a6bc42_Pic1.thumb.jpg.1ba22f39a876ca4aaf5027ea0b987a0e.jpg5ad0ca7b9ef07_Pic2.thumb.jpg.8a6c5581d107962e4ae010b45087c3a9.jpg5ad0ca7c292e6_Pic3.thumb.jpg.72b2a59dc070f123fbde44201fca9c65.jpg

Rene's suggestion is a good one too.  I just personally can't stand it when something isn't accurate in all view types.