JLR_Aaron

Terrain Issues

I have been using Chief for over a year now. I am normally able to get around the Terrain Issues like these. But I am wondering if anyone knows what I am doing wrong that cause this to happen? Please see the attached picture. An help tips or tricks that could be provided would be awesome! Thank so much!

Terrain_Issue.thumb.jpg.ef4054014d392765c7c5037978546141.jpg

Terrain_Issue.pdf

Britton.Roney.plan

Edited by JLR_Aaron
Updated the plan.

6 minutes ago, JLR_Aaron said:

I have been using Chief for over a year now. I am normally able to get around the Terrain Issues like these. But I am wondering if anyone knows what I am doing wrong that cause this to happen? Please see the attached picture. An help tips or tricks that could be provided would be awesome! Thank so much!

Terrain_Issue.thumb.jpg.ef4054014d392765c7c5037978546141.jpg

Terrain_Issue.pdf

Please post your plan file so we can take a look

Typical terrain issues come from too complex a calculation from the terrain engine. Space out your elevation data, use greater intervals, use less elevation data. When you dial it back and have a rough terrain model in place you can then start working in details while error checking

• Like 2

Looks like you deleted the terrain in the copy of the plan you attached. Problem solved! :P

If you want some tips about specific issues in the terrain, like the spikes you pictured, I recommend attaching the version of your plan with your latest attempts so that we can hone in on the problem areas and suggest changes rather than spending the extra time trying to reproduce what you show in the picture.

• Like 1

Thank you for your quick responses! I am grateful for the help that was rendered! I have now figured out the terrain with those simple tricks. You all rock! 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ino-DEC
    Newest Member
    Ino-DEC

• By MN_JohnH
      I know this has been talked about before but I can not find it and I can't figure out how to do it again.
      I have a house drawing and I have the terrain drawn and I would like to orient the house differently on the terrain. I want to keep my house drawing square with my plan so it would need to be the terrain itself that has to rotate. I can rotate the terrain perimeter but that doesn't rotate the elevation lines etc. When I select the perimeter and all the elevation lines, i am not able to rotate the whole thing.
    • By decorators3
      Hi 

I am building a foundation but in camera view there is a hole under the foundation but no terrain.. ???!!
    • By Steve77
      Hi There,

I am a current chief architect user and have a question in regards to the contour tool and driveway tool.

I have a plan that has a sloping site that I am trying to accurately portray in 3d for both client and the Local Council.
      From the road front the site slopes left to right and from the back to front.
      (I have attached Images shown what I currently have)

My question is there something that I am missing I have also tried in elevation converting/extracting a polyline solid but it doesn't quite work.

I have attached a link to the 3d viewer but can add a plan if need be.   https://3d-viewer.chiefarchitect.com/go?share=503392208525732    
    • By ericepv
      I am trying to create a sunken patio in sloping terrain. The problem I am having is getting a smooth drop in the grade of the lot without distorting the patio which needs to remain flat. The attached sample file shows what I am trying to achieve with the grey circle representing the area where he patio will be. I tried to subtract this area from the terrain perimeter but found that I cannot subtract and object from terrain like I can with a polyline solid. I've been back and fourth with tech support but so far they have not been able to find a solution.
      Any ideas?
      Sunken Patio in Sloping Terrain.zip
    • By MN_JohnH
      How do I fix the terrain under this covered screen porch?