Off Center Gable Roof

chiefmodify

I mean by the ridge not meeting in center.   Scewed to one side where it meets at the ridge line.

1 hour ago, solver said:

Please help us by filling out your signature.

Click on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Your version of Chief (X9, X10) (Premier, Interiors) is the important info.

Make sure you turn on View Signatures too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

54 minutes ago, chiefmodify said:

I mean by the ridge not meeting in center.   Scewed to one side where it meets at the ridge line.

Do you mean a different pitch either side of a different baseline height either side?

Or...maybe a combination of both.

More information please.

If both sides are the same pitch and you want different wall plate heights, this is how I would do it. Manually place the first roof plane on the wall and stop the ridge line at the off center position you want and then look to see what the ridge height is and copy it. Then manually place the second roof plane and in plan view manually move that ridge to your off center one. Now open the dbx. on the second roof plane, lock the pitch and paste the ridge height of the first roof plane into the dbx. ridge height of the second roof plane.

If you want different pitches, but the same wall plate heights on both sides I would do it like this. Manually place your first roof plane and extend it to where you want the ridge to be and then open that roof plane dbx. and copy the ridge height again. Next manually draw your other roof plane and extend the ridge, in plan view, to the first ridge. Open that roof plane dbx., lock the baseline height, paste the first roof plane ridge height into the second roof planes' ridge height dbx. and close.  One or the other of the two suggestions should be what you are after.  Good Luck/