Camera view scrolling increments

BigKahuna

When I have a perspective view camera and I zoom in or out the camera moves in what seems to be about 10' increments. While I can work with/around it I cant  seem to find a way to change that increment to be smaller smoother moves / zooming. I have tried the incremental move distance in camera defaults but that doesn't change it...Not sure if that's a setting for plan moves or what.

I have tried the mouse settings and nothing on there seems to change it. Its the same if I use the keyboard for zooming in or out so it doesn't seem to be only a mouse issue. Anyone else experience this ? any suggestions for changing it ?  Thanks

2 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

I have tried the incremental move distance in camera defaults but that doesn't change it...Not sure if that's a setting for plan moves or what.

That setting only effects the zoom when using the arrow keys.

Zoom in a 3D view with the mouse wheel should be smooth without ant steps or jumps.

Sounds like a mouse setting to me. 

32 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

For smaller zoom distance hold ctrl key while zooming with mouse.

Mark,

That doesn't work for me.

You may find this interesting:

The program adjusts the speed of these actions depending on characteristics of the camera:

• Zoom speed depends on how close the camera is to the object located behind the mouse pointer. When the target object is far from the camera, zooming is faster; as the camera gets closer to the target, zooming slows.

58 minutes ago, glennw said:

That doesn't work for me.

I use that most often when close, which is where a lot of my work is. Just checked it on a full perspective overview with camera 60 feet away and it works there as well.

I suspect it has to do with mouse settings/brand or something. I use a logitech M570 trackball, scrolling set to 3 lines with "enable smooth scrolling checked" Have a hunch that it may be the last one.

Mark   Holding the control key while scrolling worked for me and cut the zooming distance down quite a bit... Thanks...  I wish there was a permanent fix but that really helps.. I am using a Microsoft 3500 mouse  and based on a few other comments it seems it may be a mouse issue. I tried both mouse and program settings but found no fix.

Thanks again