I can't get CA to upload

Nauti1

This file was originally a Word document & would not upload to this posting. Hopefully this will get through as a PDF file.

I realize that my CA 10.08 is no longer supported, but there should be a way that I can use this expensive software after having used it on the same PC for quite a few years. So here’s my story which, because of an email from a friendly CA user (Kbird1) who suggested I save it as a PDF file instead of a Word document, may actually now be readable. Thank Kbird1!

Hi Nauti , you have done it again :)  , I could read your Docx file just fine...the issue is you are posting your Serial Number on the internet for anyone to use , which is why I said to delete the Docx file from your other Posts, (not the Posts)  The PDF below also contains your serial no#, delete the PDF and just paste the Text from Word , without the Serial No# into your 1st post instead. Your Serial No# is not need here, this is the CA User Forums , only CA Support would need that information.

Deleting your other two posts also deleted my answer and other help so I hope you got that in the notification email ? 

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in please, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.
If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum
Toggle it on in UserName>Account >Signatures...... go to the Upper RH Corner of Forum Window.
M.

1 hour ago, Nauti1 said:

This file was originally a Word document & would not upload to this posting. Hopefully this will get through as a PDF file.

I realize that my CA 10.08 is no longer supported, but there should be a way that I can use this expensive software after having used it on the same PC for quite a few years. So here’s my story which, because of an email from a friendly CA user (Kbird1) who suggested I save it as a PDF file instead of a Word document, may actually now be readable. Thank Kbird1!

KBird1, the reason I previously provided my Key Code & S/N was simply to prove I owned the CA software, plus I didn't think anyone could use my CA software because I couldn't use it and I have the hardware lock.

Please know that I appreciate your concern and halp.

Now for the troublesome file.

1 hour ago, Nauti1 said:

I tried to copy & paste the text, but for some reason it doesn't work, so I'll attach the PDF file.

CA 10.08 Trouble Shooting Letter to ART.pdf

Nauti1 PDF Text.

I have been a Chief Architect user for many years starting with CA5 and still have the 15 VCR Training videos that I learned from. Since then I’ve had several updated versions: CA6 – C10.08, all at significant cost. CA should be able to confirm this from their client archives if necessary.

I have Windows 8.1 64 bit and have been successfully using CA 10.08 since it came out.
Windows Firewall is managed by Kaspersky Total Security whereby it has:

 The Private Networks Connected and
 The Guest or Public Networks is Not Connected
 Windows Defender is Turned Off

I AM USING Google Chrome as my browser. Would it make any difference if I used MS Internet Explorer? With cookies & pop-ups enabled as requested by the software install.
Having a lot on my hard drive, I recently removed files from it to “clean things up”. Since I hadn’t designed any houses for a while I uninstalled CA 10.08 & moved all the related files to a backup hard drive. I thought I could simply re-install CA 10.08 with the three discs, copy the other files from the backup drive, and use the hardware lock to use it again.
However, since then I’ve had a need (new customer - house design) to re- install CA using the (3) installation discs and it seemed to work well up through entering the CD Key. Once that was done I received a message stating:

 No ART hardware locks found
 SuperPro Error Code: 12 (Driver not installed)
 HASP Error Code: -10.

I confirmed that the Aladin HASP (HASP HL 2.16) driver was still installed via Control Panel and that it was in the USB port. It was lighted & Control Panel indicated it was working properly. Thinking I might need to download the HASP again, I downloaded Sentinel HASP/LDK - Windows GUI Run-time Installer, Windows , 18.2 MB, Version 7.65, Released 2018-03-09 from gemalto. https://sentinelcustomer.gemalto.com/sentineldownloads/?s=hasp+ldk+gui&c=all&o=Windows I saved it to a hard drive folder, extracted the files, then installed the driver, and that didn’t work either.

I re-booted my computer and was still unable to get beyond the “No ART hardware locks found”. I’m stumped. How can I get my CA10 to run? I realized CA10 is older, but it still serves me well at my age (75) and I have an immediate need to use it to provide a design modification to a previous design I made for a client. Plus I have a need to design our final retirement home.

So, why am I unable to use software that I purchased a few years ago and have used it many times on my existing PC & W8.1operating software?
I tried contacting CA Customer Service, but all I get is a canned response. Can anyone help?

1 hour ago, Nauti1 said:

KBird1, the reason I previously provided my Key Code & S/N was simply to prove I owned the CA software, plus I didn't think anyone could use my CA software because I couldn't use it and I have the hardware lock.

Please know that I appreciate your concern and halp.

Now for the troublesome file.

CA 10.08 Trouble Shooting Letter to ART.pdf

I can't say but it is never a good Idea to post a Serial No# on a Public Forum , I have read here on the Forums that there are Hacks online for the HASP to bypass it , which maybe why Chief has abandoned Hasps this year and no longer supports them.

You will need to use the Support Link , in the main forum while Signed in under User Resources, as CA Tech. Support does not provide advice / help here on the Public Forums. This is a public User Q&A Forum , and most people no longer have these devices. Lew who posted in your earlier thread does however , so maybe he has more advice? but it sounds like a Driver issue to me since it was working.

Try reinstalling the Hasp Driver with Driver Verification Turned off , then reboot and try the HASP again.

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/disabling-driver-signature-on-windows-8/disabling-signed-driver-enforcement-on-windows-8

or a PDF from Xerox here:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0ahUKEwjpnLb7uvnZAhUExmMKHSgMBSoQFghWMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.support.xerox.com%2Fpub%2Fdocs%2FWF_6204%2Fuserdocs%2Fany-os%2Fen_GB%2FDisable_Driver_Signature_Enforcement-Win_8_8.1_10.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1edYeLUotpINKgYp8NTNjh

Well I received some great help from Kbird1 and I thank him for that.

I was about to try his last suggestion(s) when I had an epiphany. I suddenly recalled that quite a while ago I had backed up my CA 10.08 program, along with the the files I had created, on a USB flash drive that I had stored in my safe. I found it after an agonizing search, copied it to my hard drive, clicked on the .exe file & BINGO! It worked and I was able to access all my files. Back in business. Now I can take care of an old customer and even work on designing my final retirement home. Now how good is that!

4 minutes ago, lbuttery said:

Thanks Lew, I think you are correct. Fortunately I've been using CA10 with W8.1 since I think 2009 which is when I replaced my PC.

By the way, it appears you've been frequenting ChiefTalk for a number of years as I recall you helped me out in the past a good number of times. I always welcomed your responses.

Also I posted this on the Chartroom and wonder if it strikes you in any way that I can get back my old files. At the time I was using a 10 letter/symbol/number PW so if the CA site change included a longer PW, then mine should have held up during the change.

"I was a member of CA for a number of years and used my name as my ID. I recently logged onto CA after being away for a couple years. Unfortunately, I had to re-register as my old ID wasn't accepted; I had to use a new ID. So now I'm considered a new user and all my previous history is gone. I cannot access my old threads/posts. What's going on? How does one lose their identity and history? Is there a way to re-establish my old login so I can be as before?

2 hours ago, Nauti1 said:

Well I received some great help from Kbird1 and I thank him for that.

I was about to try his last suggestion(s) when I had an epiphany. I suddenly recalled that quite a while ago I had backed up my CA 10.08 program, along with the the files I had created, on a USB flash drive that I had stored in my safe. I found it after an agonizing search, copied it to my hard drive, clicked on the .exe file & BINGO! It worked and I was able to access all my files. Back in business. Now I can take care of an old customer and even work on designing my final retirement home. Now how good is that!

Glad to hear it worked out for you as there have been a few who were not so lucky due to lost Hasps etc .

Appreciate the Thank you too.

M.

Thanks Lew. That is exactly how I found the old sight. I was tipped off by Solver in the Chatroom. He gave me the same address you did. Once there I tried the search under my old UN & it worked. Looks like I had 46 threads that helped me a lot when I was learning CA and which helps me now with CA since I haven't used it in a while. I suspect the memory tends to fade after a while, especially as one ages. Life is good!