Roof Plane Baseline at Second Floor

wjmdes

I am trying to figure out how to automatically set the roof plane so it bears on a 2X on the floor joists when I draw it rather than keep changing the roof plane height until I get lucky.5a931f2a8f182_Untitled3.thumb.jpg.47dde3a212f0214da1a2664df02fdc40.jpg

The roof plane above actually should be moved up some more and I manually added the 2X, however I know in the past if I fiddle with it long enough, CA will place that 2x when I do wall framing.

Yes, that puts the rafters on the double top plate of the second floor and correctly ignores the third floor.  

I tried setting the baseline height at top of subfloor, but I apparently made a wrong assumption as to what and where the base line is located.  To the manual I go.

36 minutes ago, solver said:

The baseline is located obviously at the top surface of the rafter, in line with the exterior of the main layer -- where else would it be? ;)

Well, I assumed it was at the bearing point.....I just read the manual and am corrected.

Anyway, I draw most of my roofs manually out of habit.  What I did was measure the distance from where it was to where I wanted it and manually raised it, wallah!

On 2/25/2018 at 1:25 PM, wjmdes said:

Yes, that puts the rafters on the double top plate of the second floor and correctly ignores the third floor.  

I tried setting the baseline height at top of subfloor, but I apparently made a wrong assumption as to what and where the base line is located.  To the manual I go.

Sorry should of mentioned to put the Floor Depth (joist + ply) plus the 2x Plate height ( 1 1/2") into the Raise Setting in the Roof Build DBX,  in your Case , still need to add the 2x Plate Manually I think ? as Chief has a Default of 3" above Floor before it builds plates automatically.

M.