How to get 2 tone siding color?

BigKahuna

16 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Thanks , 

I probably wont rework the plan with a pony wall as its just to show my niece a design option for a new gym I did for her. But I haven't used wall material regions...I will read up on that to see if it is an option ?

I don't think X6 has Material Regions?  .............or maybe your signature needs Updating ?

So Wall Covering for a Quick View perhaps

I am using x8 on this model...I upgraded to X9-10 but had some issues trying to open it in later versions. Its only for preliminary design for her to use t sell new memberships, marketing and bank loans etc.  Construction docs will be done by her contractor. So I was hoping there might be a simple way to change colors after the fact without too much work.  does wall covering work for outside ? If so I might be able to add it  then paint it in a different color siding

19 minutes ago, solver said:

The easy way is using a pony wall. Open the wall, Wall Types, check Pony Wall, select wall type -- make it the same as the upper wall type, set the height and you are done.

Should work just assign same wall type to upper and lower...and change the colour or type of siding in one of them.... no different than say have having Stone on the bottom 1/3 or something like that.

Perhaps do it in a "Saved As" plan just in case something goes Sideways though....