Sign in to follow this  
DanDearborn

Offseting cad lines

Good Morning:

Just wondering if anyone who is using X10 can tell me if we finally have an "offset CAD line" command. You know, where we simply select the offset command and are prompted to:  input the offset distance, decide whether or not to delete original line, specify the CAD line to offset, and then click on the side of the line you wish the offset to be made. A simple 5-6 second operation which has been around for decades in even the most basic CAD programs.  (I haven't installed X10 yet, it is waiting in the vault for the Ray tracing issues to be sorted out) I still use ACAD for most 2D stuff. Old habits die hard.

Unless I'm not clear on your question, isn't this the function of the 'Transform/Replicate Object' button?  If so, it's been in Chief for years. 

You click on a line (or point, etc), hit Transform/Replicate, specify X/Y/Z distances, number of copies, etc and whether to duplicate or move the line (or other object).

Untitled.png

You seem to be unaware that we can just move or copy a line or polyline and hit the TAB key while moving to input the distance we wish. Or use concentric copying for multiple copies. This is actually as fast, or faster, than AutoCAD, and with fewer steps.

• Upvote 2