Summers

How do I copy a detail from one page to another, modify it so the original detail remains unchanged?

If I copy a detail and paste it on a different page, then modify the detail, X9 continues to update the original detail with my changes (as well as the copied detail).

If I open a detail from one page, send it to another page, then modify the detail, the result is the same--X9 still modifies my original detail--which I want to stay the same.

How do I copy a detail from one page to another (for the purpose of modifying the detail) in a manner that breaks the connection to the original detail?

You make a copy of the detail so you then have two separate details. I commonly do this in a CAD Detail window, make a copy so I then have two identical details, the second one I can then alter because it has a different name. Then I send them both to layout from the .plan file placing them wherever I want.

A digital copy of a AD detail is merely another instance of the same detail, that is why I make two copies first, then alter the second copy as it is now a separate object with a different name, digitally speaking.

DJP

This happens if you are doing it in a "live" Plan view window .....zoom in on the Originial to how you want it seen,  then goto CAD>CAD from View to create a new CAD Detail that is no longer "live" but still fully editable.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By Sweeney
      Hi All, 

Not necessarily a software related question, more of a detail question. I am designing a pool house with a large roof overhang. The client would like to expose the steel I-beams being used to support the rafters. Wondering if any of you have details you are willing to share of I-beam to rafter connections? How to properly flash wall above steel? Run the SPF top plate thru and bolt to the beam? Anything is appreciated.

Cheers,

Austin 

• By gdesignbuild
      I am just working on a masonry garage design, and have been held up trying to figure out some details. One is for steel lintels that I am putting over the openings. The closest thing that you can use as a header type is a steel-box but I will be using steel angle. The header column shows the dimensions including the length of your lintel but only gives 1.5" on each side of the opening. Is anyone familiar with a way that I can change this to more? Otherwise, I will just remove that column and leave a note in the comments.

Second issue: When you pull your cross sections from a CMU building, it shows your trusses sitting right on the block. For now I have manually drawn my plate in with an anchor but I was curious if there is a way to do this as well?
    • By ChristopherJones
      Seeking community help. I am a new user and had created a layout in the trial version of Chief Architect Interiors. I cannot save the plan since that would require a purchase of the interior version, I have purchase the full version of the Premier edition. Is there any way for me to copy paste the layout from trial to full version? I have tried copy/paste and it rejects me. Any help or advice is appreciated. I look forward to being part of the forums.
    • By j2narchitecture
      Hi.  Whenever I create a "cad detail from view" from a cross-section, I end up with double lines in the cad detail from view drawing.  When I go to erase a line in the drawing, there is another line underneath so I have to erase the same line twice to eliminate it.  Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to correct it?  Any input is most appreciated.   I am using the current build of X9 and running it on my iMac.  Thank you kindly.
    • By Reddrick
      Everyone what do you think of Revit, Sketchup, and Autocad? And how do you think they compare to Chief Architect for traditional conceptual home design, custom complicated modern home design, and detailed construction home drawings?