Chief tool?

Designer1

I thought I heard someone talk about a chief tool once where you can make an adjustment to one door or window and then click on an icon on the dashboard and it would apply all those changes to all doors or windows to the plan.  Im familiar with object painter and make default buttons but this sounded like something else. Like a one click button that identifies all objects like that you selected and changes those identically.   Besides the tools I listed is there another one or was I just dreaming?

Thanks,

Chad

Chad,

Sounds like the Match Properties and Apply Properties tool.

But I don't think that you can apply the settings to all objects of that type in the plan.

You have to click on each object that you want to change.

You can change all objects of the same type in the plan if they are using a dynamic default - then you just need to change the default and all objects using the dynamic default will change.

PS.

I just posted at the same time as you Mick.

I think Windows and Doors have Dynamic Defaults unless Mulled together ( or you have made any changes to them eg type)  if you are dealing with them specifically you can use the Defaults DBX or the Set as Default Tool and if the Window or Door is using ALL defaults it will change existing ones too, all new windows or door added will use the new Defaults.

this works for Cabinets too.... though I think you may need to change each type Full, Base, Wall etc.  , check this Tutorial.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00437/using-the-set-as-default-tool-to-change-cabinet-styles.html

Thanks guys for the reply.  I will have to use and compare the object painter and  match properties tool to see what the differences are.  They seem similar but perhaps different enough for me to realize a new convenience.  Do you all use those two tools for anything in particular?  Im trying to figure out what applications those might work best on.  I know object painter can be used per item or entire plan so thats similar but never used matched properties to know its best use.  Thanks for the replies and I will check that tool out!