Terrain Wall

builtright3

IIRC you can place a Fence on a Terrain wall and put the Gate in the fence , but not directly into a Terrain Wall   ( seen as Terrain Path on the status bar)

A fence won't sit on a Terrain Retaining Wall , as two walls cannot be in the same space , so that should tell you which one you actually used or if it says Terrain Path on the status bar when you select it , it will accept a fence and thus a gate.

*Just had a quick play and as Jerry mentioned a Terrain Retaining Wall will accept a Gate  but they may (weirdly) auto add the normal default door Casing, jamb,hinges and handle etc , so you have to go in  and turn those off in the Door DBX.  That is also when you need to set the height as initially the Gate will insert at the same height as the retain wall above the terrain.

Mick.

Thanks Guys!

I was having trouble making my pool equipment enclosure using the retaining walls as a room because it kept messing up my terrain levels. The terrain wall would have been perfect to use but it wouldn't except the gates I wanted to put in it.

So I ended up making a room with an exterior wall and three invisible walls and I just lowered the elevation of the room to get what I wanted.

I would like to know if I could have started this whole project different. Was wondering if maybe I should have started with a basement under the entire deck area because maybe I wouldn't have had so many problems with putting the deck in over a retaining wall.

Anyway, wanted to share my thoughts and maybe get a little feed back. This is the first time I ever dealt with these different levels. Its not easy to get the terrain to do what you want it to do. 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG