Larry_Sweeney

Single insulated wall

Is it possible to select a single wall to have insulation or do you have to give that wall it's own "type"? I know when defining a wall you can check it to have insulation, but I see no place, when you click on a wall, that you can just select that particular wall to have insulation.

I'm pretty sure you need a different wall type for every different condition, and now you can call out the r-value for each wall.

• Upvote 2

Perry is correct, you will need to use a wall type that includes an insulation layer. That is the only way to specify if a wall has insulation or not.

Perry & NewPTV...... Thanks for confirming what I thought. I think I'll mention in "Suggestions" a dbx. for having the wall insulated that is highlighted. Have a great day.  Perry, I hope you're keeping your feet dry!

If you make a new wall type and use it sometimes, you can save it to the lib. now and its ready to go for future jobs

Perry.......Yes, this is true, but don't you think it would be better just to have a dbx. that could be checked for a particular wall? Seems like it would save alot of time ---- at least for the person building the model. How hard it would be to implement for CA could be another story.

Perry.......Yes, this is true, but don't you think it would be better just to have a dbx. that could be checked for a particular wall? Seems like it would save alot of time ---- at least for the person building the model. How hard it would be to implement for CA could be another story.

Larry, of course that would be nice, I was just answering his question.