nerdland

Basic shape profiles

I'm using Home Designer Architectural, so I don't have the ability to make customized moldings and profiles. (as far as I can tell.) This is annoying me quite a bit on railings, because Home Designer doesn't come with VERY basic shape profiles for the railings. Square is generally the default for railings, although this doesn't seem to be consistent. And either way, I don't have a "square" profile to choose from, even though I CAN apply profiles to the railings.

Are there any resources for Home Designer users to expand their options in this regard?  I got like 3 profiles with the AZEK catalog from the 3D Library, but that's basically all I have. I really just want some VERY basic railing profiles. Square, round, and maybe like a half-circle. Everything else is obviously intended to be used as a molding, and looks ridiculous on railings.

Call Chief Architect and run your question(s) by them.

I would say if you need that kind of detail , upgrade to Premier and do it all

In the Home Products the Railings are mostly determined by the Template you choose to start the plan with eg Arts and Craft  or Cottage etc , someone else asked a while back so I posted some images I had here.... perhaps you can buy a particular Library you need though? eg the Arcways full Library

On 10/20/2017 at 7:00 AM, nerdland said:

I'm using Home Designer Architectural, so I don't have the ability to make customized moldings and profiles. (as far as I can tell.) This is annoying me quite a bit on railings, because Home Designer doesn't come with VERY basic shape profiles for the railings. Square is generally the default for railings, although this doesn't seem to be consistent. And either way, I don't have a "square" profile to choose from, even though I CAN apply profiles to the railings.

Are there any resources for Home Designer users to expand their options in this regard?  I got like 3 profiles with the AZEK catalog from the 3D Library, but that's basically all I have. I really just want some VERY basic railing profiles. Square, round, and maybe like a half-circle. Everything else is obviously intended to be used as a molding, and looks ridiculous on railings.

You have to remember the app you bought is $150 (on sale right now) vs Premier is $2,650.  Equitably, you'd expect some fairly serious limitations in comparison.  Upgrade to Premier and join the cool kids group.