Decimal numbers in schedule

MarkMc

1 hour ago, BrownTiger said:

You probably want to explain exactly what are you trying to do... Because like %width% is a decimal, and so are owner.width, or referenced.width.

cabinets.thumb.jpg.9152d55bbc06b317cea3d5ddab4a147f.jpg

See code column

The standard width, box height and depth columns- I already use all the OIP fields for other things. Changing "number style" doesn't do it, no way to insert %width% into them that I know of.

screen 029.png

This is possible Mark...

59c6c6964cc22_Cabschedule.thumb.png.e1e7aa398548982fa5d287bd57894cf2.png

You just have to use a global numbering variable that is initiated inside the schedule.  Then, by testing whether that value is even, odd, divisible by some other number, or a specific number, you can conceivably use any one of your OIP fields for an endless number of columns.  The height and width columns is the example above are both using the Code field with the following macro...

Macro.thumb.png.93ff77fda435f3a919cad2294cb6af14.png

I just initiated the variable in this particular example with another macro that I placed in the schedule Title.  If the above isn't quite enough to get you what you need, shoot me an email and we can discuss maybe setting up a quick training session so I can explain better to you how it works and how to set it up to your liking...or you could maybe commission a custom video.  Just let me know.    

27 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

For the job I need this for I already need all 4 of the OIP fields are already in use for other things. 

If I can't change the designated h,w,d columns it will be easier for me to change all the labels ( I think?;) 

Thanks 

I'm not sure you understand what I was saying or maybe I just wasn't clear enough.  You might already be using all 4 OIP fields but that doesn't need to stop you from using the same field for more than one column.  Here's another example using a similar but slightly different method...

Before.thumb.png.1ca42925cd6584ee7cb9a29d350b3f7f.pngAfter.thumb.png.86aa2f19343884341e12e672d43dafec.png

Notice that ALL my columns except for the Number column are using the Code Field. By using the method I'm talking about, a person could quite literally use a single OIP field for every possible custom column they could dream up. 

45 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I'm not sure you understand what I was saying or maybe I just wasn't clear enough.  You might already be using all 4 OIP fields but that doesn't need to stop you from using the same field for more than one column.  Here's another example using a similar but slightly different method...

Before.thumb.png.1ca42925cd6584ee7cb9a29d350b3f7f.pngAfter.thumb.png.86aa2f19343884341e12e672d43dafec.png

Notice that ALL my columns except for the Number column are using the Code Field. By using the method I'm talking about, a person could quite literally use a single OIP field for every possible custom column they could dream up. 

Well pretty cool. Not sure I get how to do it and keep what I already have in the field but will give it a go in for morning. Thanks 

46 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Not sure I get how to do it and keep what I already have in the field but will give it a go in for morning.

Sometimes it just takes a short consultation, training session, or video to save many hours worth of personal trial and error so don't rule that out.

P.S.  You could potentially use this same method to deal with your "Finished Back" suggestion as well. 

• Downvote 1