Moving Objects

jbaehmer

I have been using "Transform/Replicate objects" to move items and walls around.  Recently in one of Scott's videos, he showed a "move while dragging" where he clicks and holds on the object and hits "Tab, Tab".  The box that comes up titled "Enter Coordinate".  This box appears to have the same functionality as the "Move" section of transform/replicate objects, but functions differently.  especially if the walls are not horizontal or vertical in plan view it seems.

I would think they would work the same.  I was hoping the "move while dragging" worked the same as it would be a quicker short cut instead of using a hot key to get to "transform/replicate objects" and click on the "Move" checkbox (as I use the "reflect" option often).  

I hope I am explaining it clearly and I am struggling to figure out how to explain it clearly for all to understand or if I am missing something for someone to enlighten me to the errors of my ways.

If it doesn't make sense, I may have to make a quick video showing what I am experiencing for it to make sense.  Ultimately, I am trying to cut down on the number of "clicks" as these clicks can add up to a lot of wasted time.  Every second I can save adds up if I can use a quicker hotkey.

Thanks