Angular Dimension Text Explosion

Chopsaw

This problem really needs to be addressed.  The angular dimensions get their settings from whatever Dimension Default is currently active and I think this behavior is silly.  In order to stop it you have to do 2 things...

1.  Select your dimension and delete the (D) from the number height field.  Either that or manually enter a new value.

2.  Change the arrow size to essentially uncheck Default.  This one is a bit trickier.  Simply unchecking default does not work and if you manually enter a dimension that is too close to the arrow size in the currently active dimension default, that won't work either...the values will revert to the default setting with any changes to the dimension default   What I've found to be the best and easiest solution is this...switch to a different dimension default and manually change the arrow height to the size you want to use. 

Actually, its probably quickest and easiest to just switch to the the different dimension default and change both the number height and the arrow height at the same time.  What's really irritating is that these things can only be done after placing the dimension.  This is a real pain in the patootie and shouldn't be necessary. 

4 hours ago, rlackore said:

.at the bottom of the post Chief acknowledged the issue exists.

Thanks Robert,  I thought I remembered someone else having issues but could not find it on the forum.  I will read through that and give Chief a call to see it they are making any progress on the fix.

Michael,  I am not switching defaults to make this happen.  It is set to 6" and as I am working on other things it randomly displays as about 6' text size and then goes away next time the screen is refreshed.