Has anyone had experience with patterns auto rotating? I want to fill in walls with an angled hatch pattern but it rotates when the wall direction changes. In Revit the fill pattern stays the same across the plan no matter what angle the wall is and I think that looks better and more consistent. Is there a way to shut this auto rotate off? I've tried everything short of changing it back to just a solid fill. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 3.31.06 PM.png

I thought i saw an option for this somewhere in Chief, but I can't find it - so I may have been wrong.  I know in Vectorworks we have a checkbox for if we want the hatch to be global or locked to the direction of whatever object we created - like walls...but that doesn't help you.

Id say Michael will know right away if this is possible to change in Chief.

Yes that can be fixed but not sure if there is a default for it anywhere.

Wall Hatch Angle.JPG

Yeah that's what I was afraid was the only solution. Hmmm... might be adding that to the suggestion forum. 

5 hours ago, johnny said:

Id say Michael will know right away if this is possible to change in Chief.

I appreciate the vote vote of confidence, but to be honest, I'm not sure I've ever even mentally taken note of that behavior.  I guess I've never even thought about it but I would personally prefer the change in direction at intersections anyway.  That's just me though.  I'll have to take a look at this issue when I get back to the computer and see if I can't find a better way to address it.