Angled cabinet

Chris_Kelly

Is there a way I can modify a base cabinet to look like the picture I attached? I am planning on putting two of these in the back side of a triangular island. The cabinets are standard in the manufacturer catalog, but I'm not sure how to put it in my model short of making it out of psolids and cabinet doors. I looked around here and the help menu but couldn't figure it out. I'd spend more time on it but I only have a couple hours left on the job, so someone enlighten me and save my day!

angle cab.jpg

Or two angled front cabinets, turned and mirrored-fronts are facing each other-side for door so no need to float doors so will change with defaults..... BUT you will have to clean up the toe kick.

One version has fronts as blank the other has an opening with the top separation removed.

screen 020.png

screen 019.png

2 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Or two angled front cabinets, turned and mirrored-fronts are facing each other-side for door so no need to float doors so will change with defaults..... BUT you will have to clean up the toe kick.

One version has fronts as blank the other has an opening with the top separation removed.

screen 020.png

screen 019.png

Mark - I rarely use angled cabinets but your method struck my curiosity. Just one question, how do you precisely define the front angle? 

44 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Mark - I rarely use angled cabinets but your method struck my curiosity. Just one question, how do you precisely define the front angle? 

I think in all the time I've worked with Chief I've used them on only one job otherwise just when someone asks one of these questions ;->

In any case I just use the required dimensions. The angle on these are actually off by a whisper at the front.

screen 025.png

screen 029.png

1 hour ago, Chris_Kelly said:

This is perfect. Thank you Mark and Graham. Is there a way to combine the two cabinets so I won't get the module lines between them? Otherwise this is just what I was looking for.

Polyline fit to the inside, convert to pline solid 1/16" thick top to match floor of cabinet, set fill to match cabinet, move to front group, change to layer base cabinet. While your at it copy and paste in place the pline solid, select it change thickness to match your toe kick, set some ugly color for fill so you can see it, adjust to make to depth you need. You can leave the existing toe in place or not and adjust cabinet. Change fill back to match cabinets and then block the whole thing.

screen 030.png