otisbradley

Edit Electrical Legend

Hi - looked everywhere in forum etc can't find out how to edit these legends - found in library - Core Catalogs - CAD Blocks - Notes and Legends

When I open it as a CAD block or from a plan 

I explode the block and all of the text disappears ! The grid still shows along with all of the small CAD blocks for the symbols but I can't find the text 

I'm sure this is some dopey thing I am not seeing

Feeling stupid ....

thx Otis 

ElectLegend.thumb.JPG.28ab8104c7ba07f8ce5f7ed901616b58.JPG

Check to see what Layer the Text is on.  Just after exploding the Block, click the "Object Layers" icon and make sure the text layer is displayed.

use the electric schedule, it will only include what you use in the plan, and you can comment and change any label you  want. Works great

ahhh Joe you are a genius 

I am a turd 

wasn't thinking about layers on a CAD detail 

found my text 

thx 

and Perry thanks as well - I need that schedule too 

The elect. schedule is the legend.

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    VCeffects
    Newest Member
    VCeffects

• By desiblu
      I am adding an electrical legend into my layout, and realized that all of the symbols that I used for custom lighting, etc. are not in the legend.  I tried pulling in an electric schedule with the idea of breaking it, then using the symbols to add to my legend, but it wont do that.  Is there another way to bring in the correct symbols from my plan into an electrical legend?
    • By ComputerMaster86
      Is there a way to take a single polyline I have drawn and turn it into a CAD block that I can then add to the library?  I have 2D polylines that represent steel trim pieces that I often use in conjunction with 2D detail drawings and cross sections.

• By habdou
      Hi all,
      Does anybody know why the 2D symbols in the Electrical Legend/Schedule showing like this after exporting it to the CA save to PDF?
      Thanks

• By MarkMc
      So I figured out a new way to make cabinets with extended stiles that will read the proper width in schedule (that is will not include the extended stile in the width since it is an add on when ordered that way)
      The issue I'm having is getting the extended stile to show in plan as part of the symbol. I've never been really good at getting adjusting CAD blocks and making them work with a symbol.
      I've tried an assortment of ways to change the block to show as part of the symbol with no luck. Is it possible?
      Chief will not always show a cabinet door in plan to begin with, but I've tried pretty much every option without success.
      File is X10

ExtendedStile Base.plan
    • By Mrducks
      I am VERY new to this program, and until a few weeks ago I was pushing a pencil around my drawing board. 
      I was watching the instructional video on creating a CAD block of the as-built drawings to be used as an overlay/mask on my plan view so I could move walls and see where the original walls were.  In creating the block, I think I did everything correct, but I accidentally clicked on exploded view of the block.  it did not seem to do anything, however when I move the block to my drawing, a few parts and pieces of the drawing are missing.

is there a way to undo this error?  or, should I start over?

Thank you!
      Steven