Artisan_TH

Interior wall stop

Designing with SIPs

IS there a way to stop interior walls from extending through exterior walls to the main layer.

wall intersction.jpg

Using the Chief supplied SIP wall and a default interior wall does not do this.

Maybe post a small plan that demonstrates this.

And what version are you using -- X9?

You can always just use the "edit wall layer intersection tool" and just drag that layer back is one way to do it.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Eric and Perry, it removes my insulation in that area but it works thanks.

Change your main layer for the outside wall.

The internal walls are building through to the main layer.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    MAP6933
    Newest Member
    MAP6933

• By Oldmanwheeler
      I have been in a wheelchair since 2008. My wife, who is an Occupational Therapist, and I have managed to adapt our present home to accommodate my wheelchair. Even then I only have access to about 40 of our home. I believe we are in a unique position to design a very liveable, accessible home.  The one obstacle I have at the moment is my inexperience with the Chief Architect software. I've played around with it but never attempted a real-life projected like the one I am about to undertake. I understand the "space requirements" of wheelchairs related to turning around, hallway and door widths, etc... I've done enough research to know I want to build the house using SIP panels and we have a good idea on the siding, roof, etc...

I would like to find someone more experienced the software who has used it to design and build an accessible home that I can use as a guide.  I have my design sketched out, I just am struggling with laying out the foundations, figuring out how to configure the software to reflect SIP panels, etc...  If anyone can help give me some guidance I would truly appreciate it. Thank you

Bob Fleege
      Council Bluffs, IA
      Home Designer Pro 2020

• By DCB123
      https://www.premiersips.com/building-green-solutions-for-sustainable-structures/

103 (8-16-07).pdf
      104 (8-16-07).pdf
      105 (8-16-07).pdf
      108 (8-16-07).pdf
      110 (8-16-07).pdf
      205 (8-17-07).pdf
      211 (11-12-07).pdf
      315 (8-20-07).pdf
      Structural Sip Panel Details S-1.pdf
      101 (8-16-07).dwg
      103 (8-16-07).dwg
      104 (8-16-07).dwg
      106 (8-16-07).dwg
      107 (8-16-07).dwg
      108 (8-16-07).dwg
      315 (8-20-07).dwg
    • By Oldmanwheeler
      I am new to Chief Architect and I have a few questions I'm hoping you can answer for me:

1)  I have a home design I drew up in a MAC program and would like to transfer it to Home Designer or at least import an image of the floor plan to assist redrawing it in Home Designer.

2) The construction method we have selected is SIPs Panels so I was wondering if there is a way to design a house in Home Designer using SIPs Panels.

3) I am in a wheelchair so I am design a fully accessible, barrier free home. I found one catalog with accessible products in it.  Are there any other catalogs you would recommend that also have accessible products in them.

4) Finally, since the house will be fully accessible I will need to have zero entry exits at all entrances to the house.  This will require a lot that slops so that the front of the main level and the back of the lower level are both at ground level.  Any suggestions on how to do this?

I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I learn the program and I appreciate everyones help.