why is camera view sent to layout sometimes in color and sometimes in black and white

DianeP

Using x8.  Anyone know the secret on this?  Sometimes it goes to the layout in black and white and sometimes it goes in color. I normally can cycle through with the refresh tool.  If it is black and white the lineweight is heavier when printing than when it is in color.  I have the preferences set to print color in gray scale.  Would like to have them all at the same line weight but can't get the black and white ones to come into layout in color.  Appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

color and black an white pdf print.GIF

color and black an white layout view.GIF

I get this random color on/off issue as well. It happens only with "Live Views" sent to layout. 

I have since gone to "plot lines" with color off so that my elevations are monochrome but my cad lines and dimensions are in color. 

I just don't like the delay I get in generating those plot line views. All that calculating going on. 

I would prefer a live view as it is instant.  

• Upvote 1

GOT IT!!!  Thanks Perry!  Actually you helped me as well Michael.  I used live view as using plot lines with color still printed darker than I wanted. and it all prints well now.   May be too light but I will work on that as I have more time.

color and black an white layout view  solved.GIF