Connecting Straight And Curved Stair Sections?

Joe_Carrick

Check in a 3D view , I have seen this before and found the second set /curved section was sitting on the ground and need the bottom height set to the top height of the straight section to join up.

post-315-0-95996900-1404271825_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-46024400-1404271845_thumb.jpg

M.

You don't need to mess with the heights.  When the stairs join, the program should auto adjust the heights to what you want.

Joining the stairs can be a little bit tricky.  I think you need to have all of the settings match or they won't join.  I also found that the snaps didn't work very well so I had to fuss with it a bit to get them lined up.  Once they were lined up I pulled the straight section back and then I pulled it out until it snapped to the curved section and they joined.

All said, I think you might be better off joining two straight sections and then curving after the fact using the alt drag method.

I found that by converting a straight section  to curved - I can then snap additional straight sections and they snap together.  Interestingly, creating a "Clck Curved Stair" - I can't get it to join to a straight stair section.

IAE, I have a solution.

Thanks KT 

I had assumed my issue was with the upper section , so didn't try altering the bottom straight section but once lined up close as you say if you grab the upper handle on the bottom section , shorten the staircase up and drag it back to the curved section it auto-snapped too the curved section , had to try 2-3 times sometimes but in the end snaps weren't an issue , both pieces "found" each other... 

M.