wnschoen

Surface Book with Performance Base

I recently went shopping for a similar system. Checked out the Surface Book you are looking at, seemed way over priced. I ended up getting an HP Spectra 360, got the 13" one as I wanted the better portability. Could not be happier, I opted for the I5 version as the I7 does not really provide any significant performance benefit but costs a fair bit more. My unit has the integrated Intel 620 graphics chip and it has no problem handling anything I can throw at it, Grandview plan no problem. They come on sale frequently so you can get a lot of bang for your dollar. Paid $1,500 CDN. Even came with the stylus, USB-C HDMI adaptor and protective sleeve.

They have I7 versions and 15" ones. Beautifully crafted, sturdy, thin and exceptional battery life. You can't go wrong.

• Upvote 1

On May 5, 2017 at 3:43 PM, TheKitchenAbode said:

I recently went shopping for a similar system. Checked out the Surface Book you are looking at, seemed way over priced. I ended up getting an HP Spectra 360, got the 13" one as I wanted the better portability. Could not be happier, I opted for the I5 version as the I7 does not really provide any significant performance benefit but costs a fair bit more. My unit has the integrated Intel 620 graphics chip and it has no problem handling anything I can throw at it, Grandview plan no problem. They come on sale frequently so you can get a lot of bang for your dollar. Paid $1,500 CDN. Even came with the stylus, USB-C HDMI adaptor and protective sleeve.

They have I7 versions and 15" ones. Beautifully crafted, sturdy, thin and exceptional battery life. You can't go wrong.

Just info I was looking for (from a reliable source) thanks Graham. I've been considering one of these as a part time secondary machine. Now to sell the idea to the CFO