WesternDesign

Help with Sloped Garage Floor - Is this right

Okay, I have tried to make a simple work around that would show up correctly in all views and still keep the garage slab in the materials list.  This is what I have come up with but I could sure use some feed back from you power users who are much smarter than I am. :)

I would copy this plan file (or the slab on it) to my level 0 (foundation) way off to the side and leave it on my new home plan/template.  It is oversize so I can just stretch it around in plan view to match the size and shape of the garage and run the slab over the stemwall at all of the door openings.  (We do not use mono slabs, only stemwall & footings.)

Please let me know where I might be going wrong or could do this another way faster.  Still wish Chief Architect would make this work WITHOUT the work around. <_<

GARAGE SLAB TEMPLATE.plan

Add a note to the plan and move on. My guess....you have spent wayyyy tooo much time on this. Every single garage slab, in every single home built that I have designed or prepared plans for over the past 20 years, has a sloped slab, not one is modeled that way.

But...if you really want your section to show a sloped slab. Take the section cut, hit the auto detail tool, select the garage slab fill, and rotate it to your specs. Done, takes 10 seconds.

Just now, joey_martin said:

Add a note to the plan and move on. My guess....you have spent wayyyy tooo much time on this. Every single garage slab, in every single home built that I have designed or prepared plans for over the past 20 years, has a sloped slab, not one is modeled that way.

But...if you really want your section to show a sloped slab. Take the section cut, hit the auto detail tool, select the garage slab fill, and rotate it to your specs. Done, takes 10 seconds.

I concur,  move on,  one day CA will make it available,  it ain't there yet.

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefRochelle
    Newest Member
    ChiefRochelle

• By CharlesVolz
      OK guys, Kerry Francis of Garage Door Wizard fame emailed me over the weekend and said that he does not plan on improving the program because the demand does warrant the work required. 

However, he is allowing me to sell Version 2.10.0025 of the program that works on with Chief Architect Premier X9 and Windows 10. To keep the cost and trouble down, I will sell the program for Kerry on the honor system. You send me $20 via PayPal to CVRE@sbcglobal.net and I will forward you the program via email. No sharing, warranty, no returns, no crying, no whining. Please let the rest of us know if it works or not on your computer setup by posting on this thread so others can decide whether to buy. 

Upgrades are $20 also since there is no way to monitor registered users. Kerry said that the price back in the day was $35. So it is a good deal. Kerry was nice enough to allow me to distribute this because some of us asked for it. I am just trying to contribute to you guys and gals on the forum who have helped me by participating on the forum.

Regards,
      Charles
    • By Designer100
      I have designed a pergola and a deck. I cannot get the terrian to show right. It needs to be zero of level at back of deck by pool deck and slowly slope down to a bayou. it needs to be 36" to grade at edge of outer deck Then a stair going down to the end of stair which is around 5 fr lower that top of deck. I have not did much terrian and would appreciate your help. This is just a remodeling and adding a deck from the pool. 

Thank  you,

Nerwell
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 
      Pergola_.plan

11X17.layout
    • By SamanthaSkidmore
      I'm not sure when this happened or how it happened but my ceiling isn't meeting the wall in the basement.  The separation is from the garage.  I created a brand new plan to make sure my heights all matched up correctly and they do.  Can you tell by looking at my screenshots what might be happening or what I need to do to fix it?  Photo on the left is the wall/ceiling in the basement.  The photo on the right is from the garage.

Thanks so much!

• By KahlilHenley
      Chief Architect has been a blessing to me in the last year that I have been utilizing the software. However, I work in the United States Virgin Islands St. Thomas,  where there are seldom flat land to build on. Therefore, there is always a slope in the land and I am having a hard time landscaping. Are there any techniques or tips anyone can offer.
    • By hargrovecompany
      I'm looking to hire someone asap to help with drawings. Initial project is deck over garage.  I'm a contractor, specializing in remodels, and I have plenty of work to outsource.  Most of my projects are fairly simple....I just prefer to pay someone to do the drawings and focus on other tasks....

Attached is a start for a job tearing off an 8 in 12 roof, replacing with a 1 in 12, with a deck over it.  

This is a first for me, so I'm not sure what other information is needed...but the net is that I need plans that I can send to my engineer for a stamp then submit to permits....asap!
      jared_consultant_rendering.plan