Help with Sloped Garage Floor - Is this right

WesternDesign

Okay, I have tried to make a simple work around that would show up correctly in all views and still keep the garage slab in the materials list.  This is what I have come up with but I could sure use some feed back from you power users who are much smarter than I am. :)

I would copy this plan file (or the slab on it) to my level 0 (foundation) way off to the side and leave it on my new home plan/template.  It is oversize so I can just stretch it around in plan view to match the size and shape of the garage and run the slab over the stemwall at all of the door openings.  (We do not use mono slabs, only stemwall & footings.)

Please let me know where I might be going wrong or could do this another way faster.  Still wish Chief Architect would make this work WITHOUT the work around. <_<

GARAGE SLAB TEMPLATE.plan

• Upvote 1

Add a note to the plan and move on. My guess....you have spent wayyyy tooo much time on this. Every single garage slab, in every single home built that I have designed or prepared plans for over the past 20 years, has a sloped slab, not one is modeled that way.

But...if you really want your section to show a sloped slab. Take the section cut, hit the auto detail tool, select the garage slab fill, and rotate it to your specs. Done, takes 10 seconds.

Just now, joey_martin said:

Add a note to the plan and move on. My guess....you have spent wayyyy tooo much time on this. Every single garage slab, in every single home built that I have designed or prepared plans for over the past 20 years, has a sloped slab, not one is modeled that way.

But...if you really want your section to show a sloped slab. Take the section cut, hit the auto detail tool, select the garage slab fill, and rotate it to your specs. Done, takes 10 seconds.

I concur,  move on,  one day CA will make it available,  it ain't there yet.

• Upvote 1