10.08a key

Alswell

I have Chief 10.08a Full and am trying to move it to a new computer.

It is currently in Windows XP and i want to move to Windows 10.

It downloaded with no problem but a message comes up that the lock is not the right one.

Can this lock be changed over or do I need  new one ?

Is there a work around for this.

Alswell

Alswell:

you don't need a new key - you need drivers - and they probably don't exist

even if you can find drivers for the old hasp key I seriously doubt if Chief ver 10 will work on Win 10

and if it does it probably won't work well

find another XP PC or plan to upgrade Chief

I would recommend X4 as a minimum if you can find one on Ebay

Lew

I run Versions 7, 9.5 and 10 on a dual boot system of XP and Windows 10. They are on separate hard drives (each OS) so there are no conflicts and no problems with dongle drivers. I have seen reports by others still running Version 10 within Windows 10 but as has been said, with Windows 10 you must get special dongle drivers that work in that OS, your old XP drivers will NOT work in Windows 10.

DJP

Thank you for your comments.

On a dual boot, are both hard drives running at the same time and how would you switch over?

Would it be similar to win 7 where XP is running at the same time?

I have been told by CA that there are no drivers that would work on Win 10 and if there were it would not work properly.

ALSWELL

I have been told by CA that there are no drivers that would work on Win 10 and if there were it would not work properly

Alswell:

this is probably true

I think some have had some success but ...

there are postings are running a virtual PC

where you could have XP and Win7 and Win10 all on the same PC

similar to dual booting but it makes the PC look like that OS

dual booting is different - but I am not savvy to explain the difference

with dual booting you have to shutdown OS A before starting OS B

not sure a virtual PC's

Lew

• 3 years later...

November 2020

This is an old thread but maybe this will help someone.

Had a hard drive crash and had to reinstall Chief Ver 10.0 in a fresh install of Windows 10, latest version 1004 with all current updates through November 2020. Yes Chief Architect Version 10/10.08 still works and I am too cheap and hardly use it enough to justify any upgrade. After installing version 10.0 from my saved installation files, Windows 10 would not allow me to open the Chief Architect program as the User Account Control (UAC) security stopped the program from opening. I had to go into Registry Edit and turn UAC off (note many online articles as how to do this and turn it on and off). After the install of Chief Architect 10.0, the program could not find the HASP key. Took a while but I found the following to get new hasp key drivers. I suggest deleting all old Hasp Key drivers (mine were Aladin files/drivers) prior to installing the new downloaded files/drivers (which will be Sentinel). Once I got the Hasp Key recognized I updated to 10.08 and Chief 10.08 works as normal..

Go to step 3 for the file to download the drivers. Please uninstall any old drivers first. You may need to insert the hasp key for the files/drivers to show in Control Panel/Device Manager/USB controllers to uninstall them.

1.  Went to site: Thales Customer Support Portal at: https://supportportal.gemalto.com/csm/?id=portal_home_page
then using their search look for the following: hasp driver chief architect

2.  That search will lead to the following page:

https://supportportal.gemalto.com/csm/?id=kb_search&q=hasp%20drivers%20chief%20architect

where you will look for: Sentinel HASP/LDK Windows GUI Run-Time-Installer 8.13

3.  This is the download site for the driver:  

There no spaces in this address. This thread would not allow word wrap for the long string.

https://supportportal.gemalto.com/csm/?sys_kb_id=61fb0ee1dbd2e78cfe0aff3dbf9619ab&id=kb_article_view&sysparm_rank=21&sysparm_tsqueryId=957514cbdb9ce41080b234523996196e

The following is the file description needed:

Sentinel® LDK and Sentinel HASP® Run-time Environment Installer GUI for Windows
Refer to the Readme file included in the package for details.

MD5 (Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_setup.zip) = 2b9a4dc20e6acc32cc9e4636b1d5eafa

Sentinel HASP/LDK Windows GUI Run-Time-installer 8.13 after being installed and then checking Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus controllers shows:

Sentinel USB Key
Sentinel HL Key
Sentinel USB Key

all three show the driver version is actually 7.92.0.0 with a date of 03/29/2019

Hope this helps.

Bob Schroeder

Sarasota, FL

rschroeder@comcast.net