Open End Gable Roof

brentjohn

Greetings!

I'm sure this question has been answered.  However, I have looked for the past 3 hours and cannot find an answer.

See attached photo.  As you can see, the area above the garage (gable end) is open and I cannot figure how to close it.  There is no wall underneath roof in this area.

58f6705116f78_GableRoofEnd.thumb.JPG.a105e73f77a6af2b7a7fa1cb1531707b.JPG

just cut the roof at the ridge and drag it back to the attic wall, there is a space there. There is no wall below so no attic wall will generate at the garage, you need to do that manually. Or just add a new attic wall or, you can just drag the existing attic wall over the garage area.

There's no reason for Chief not to auto generate the attic wall.

If you did your part correctly then, it should generate.

If you did your part correctly and Chief did not generate it, I suggest you send it to Tech Support and report it as a bug.

I had a similar issue in one of my plans, and it was indeed a bug in the software.

2 hours ago, brentjohn said:

drawzilla,

Thank you much!  I draged the existing attic wall over the garage.

58f6777465c6f_GableRoofEnd-Completed.thumb.JPG.434a9238af85604c722dd2fbd0f104f4.JPG

Although, I dont think what you have is correct either.  The roof plane needs to be brought back in line with the attic wall.... in which case, if you did that Chief auto-generates that wall correctly.

2017-04-18 15_37_24-58f677745f508_GableRoofEnd-Completed.JPG.6f8948acd9c7aa6a8f89038835524902.JPG ‎-.png

13 hours ago, jorgearaya said:

Chief will generate the attic wall whether there is a wall below or not, even if you have a curved (barrel) roof. Yes!

You are correct, I don't think It's always been that way. Never noticed , as I usually build roof planes and attic walls manually. It's just what I remember.