Importing DXF files to X8

Michael_C

I opened it in an AutoCAD viewer and the wall lines show perfectly but when imported into Chief the wall lines are invisible and not on an imported layer as far as I can see, weird, even when I made the background black in Chief, the wall lines appear to have not been imported at all. 

DJP

Hey Michael,

Not sure which program was used to create these drawings and I haven't used AutoCAD in nearly 20 years but I downloaded your drawing into DraftSight and those lines were drawn using something DraftSight calls "Rich Lines" which are essentially just double lines.  I exploded them into normal lines so that they could be imported into Chief.  Not sure what exactly the problem is, but apparently Chief doesn't know what to do with the "Rich Lines".  Actually, I couldn't change the color or line style of those "Rich Lines" in DraftSight either.    They must have been drawn using a unique tool in the original program that the other programs just don't know how to handle. 

Anyway, I'm not very familiar with any of it, but hopefully this will work for you...

West Wing 2nd Floor 2017.dwg