Elevations - line weights and type of view to layout

SNestor

Regarding elevations sent to layout.  What controls the line weight (in vector view) of the line patterns that create the siding, brick or stone, roofing...etc.  How do you control the color of these items...and the weight.  

Do these items have a specific layer assigned to them...or, do you define these properties in the material dialogue box?  Therefore...once you define a material...the line weight for the material (such as roofing) is fixed...and cannot be changed?  

I typically send my elevation views to layout using vector views...and I know I can control line weights via the specific layer set...but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to control the lines for materials.  

Thanks! 

27 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Steve,

See if this post helps you at all...

Michael...yes that helped.  

So...just to confirm things.  There is no way to pre-define the line weights of materials like roofing, siding or brick in vector views?  These lines are material "patterns" correct?  And...you cannot change the color?  

What about the line weight of something like "Facia" or "Frieze" boards....can these be controlled?  

Attached is the material DBX for a siding material.  What does the line weight field in this DBX control?  I've entered large numbers in this field to test things....but I never really see any difference.  

Thanks again...

Sorry...one more thing.  Should "line weights" be on before the view is sent to layout...or does it matter?  

58dda4127a77c_LineWeightTest-Siding1.thumb.png.eb9f208a2739c91e97724cf1880763dd.png

I control all the lineweights going to the layout using a specific layerset attached to an Anno-set. I call it my elevation anno-set. you also can have different anno-sets for each different view, like show fence on this view and not on the other view.  Just adjust all the lineweights as you like them, like roof walls(will make your wall lines larger like 40 or so.) windows 30, doors 30, etc. You can send to the layout and change the layer set after sent. I have all 4 elevation views already sent to the template layout, so I really don't have to do it again.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I control all the lineweights going to the layout using a specific layerset attached to an Anno-set. I call it my elevation anno-set. you also can have different anno-sets for each different view, like show fence on this view and not on the other view.  Just adjust all the lineweights as you like them, like roof walls(will make your wall lines larger like 40 or so.) windows 30, doors 30, etc. You can send to the layout and change the layer set after sent. I have all 4 elevation views already sent to the template layout, so I really don't have to do it again.

Perry...thanks, I know how to control most line weights...it's the patterns in vector views I'm wondering how to control.  

Also...does it matter if show line weights is on or off when you send a view to layout?  

I always have my line weights on, so never tried it with them off. The patterns can be controlled by adjusting the pattern in the material edit section. Sometimes the pattern will show a white line which won't print in vector views, like in some brick materials. Just adjust the material itself.