Tab Spacing

jbaehmer

Ok...I have a client I am working with and when we open the same text item, its overall appearance is different.  It looks like the tab spacing is longer in mine than his.  Not sure if this is something I can manipulate or not.

I attached the layout file that has the text boxes in it and stripped it down.  I also attached how it looks on our screens.  My screen is the "Capture" file and the clients is the word document.

This is how I received the file.  I don't put text on layouts, however, this is how my client wants it so I am doing it his way right now.

30x42 Plan.layout

Capture.PNG

Text Tabs.docx

11 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Jared,

Don't have time to look too deep right now but there is a good bit of difference between 7/64" and 3/8" when it comes to text.  That is all I have for now.

I saw that too, but I think that's just the text that happens to be selected.  They have both sizes in that text box. 

Here's what I get when I first open the plan...

Before.thumb.png.ce4fbc4ce51aebb66afa5c3440159184.png

And what I get after I check Auto Width...

After.thumb.png.7f8587ff9e402dd6d336d5d7cac6b869.png

I suspect it might be related to either:

A.  A different operating system (Mac perhaps?)

B.  A slightly different version of the Arial Narrow font that they have installed on their system.  Maybe try having them send you the font they're using and see if using that one makes a difference. I have 2 versions of Arial Narrow on my system.  The second appears on the surface to be a carbon copy but the overall results are actually quite different.

I don't know...just throwing some ideas out there.

Michael - Thought of the OS also, but we are both on Windows 10.  We are both updated to the latest version of X9.  Text size seems to be the same, but the spacing of the tabs is the only difference I can see.  

I will have him send me his version and we will see if that does it.  If not, looks like a tech support issue.

20 minutes ago, jbaehmer said:

Michael - Thought of the OS also, but we are both on Windows 10.  We are both updated to the latest version of X9.  Text size seems to be the same, but the spacing of the tabs is the only difference I can see.  

I will have him send me his version and we will see if that does it.  If not, looks like a tech support issue.

I'm not sure exactly WHAT is different, but it definitely looks like something is a little different on their system.  Notice the font and arrows being used for their dropdown menus and tabs...

Font.thumb.png.4d17908bedaf90fb3ab6dac2a622ea94.png

I'm not 100% sure, but the only way I know of changing things like that is via registry tweaks, and if they're the type of people who play with the Windows registry there's n telling what else might be different on their system or with their installed fonts.  Again,  I'm just throwing ideas out there.  That being said, the lack of tab spacing control in Rich Text boxes is a long time and ongoing issue that could use some attention one way or another. 

I agree with you.  I know there has been some issues, it is just strange that it affects the length of the tab.  We both have (2) tabs, but mine are larger than his.  strange. 

I do know that he isn't the type to mess around with the registry.  I guess I will kick over to tech support and give them another example of what is happening.  Thanks for your efforts.