Interior walls Not Stopping at Ceiling Plane

ferchl

I'm encountering an issue where interior walls drawn under a flat ceiling plane, but near a sloped ceiling, are stopping at the rafters, instead of the ceiling plane. It makes no difference if "Stop at Ceiling Above" is enabled for the wall objects. Is there any way to get these walls to stop at the ceiling plane? It's very easy to recreate this issue, but I have attached a super simple plan that demonstrates it.

Note: There is no issue when there is a normal automatic ceiling above. To recreate the issue, I have to turn off ceiling above and then manually create a new ceiling plane that is higher than the top plate. Using version X8.

Walls-Through-Ceiling.plan

Walls-Through-Ceiling-Framing.jpg

Walls-Through-Ceiling-Plan.jpg

Tom,

I think the multiple walls were just to help illustrate the problem.  Notice how it's only the 3 walls on each of the 2 outside ends that are framing through the ceiling plane and stopping at the roof above instead of stopping at the manual ceiling plane. 

ferchl,

I can easily see your problem and I can't explain the behaviour.  I think your should report this to tech support.  In the meantime, I think your best bet is simply to drag the offending walls down in elevation. 

Alaskan_Son, thank you for seeing so clearly what I was trying to demonstrate. It's driving me crazy - the manual ceiling plane should be the stopper.

I could not find an easy way to manually edit the offending wall because the drywall does correctly stop at the ceiling. Only the framing runs too high. I really don't want to select individual framing members to make the change. Is there an easier way?

ShaneK, thanks for verifying that you see the issue on your system as well.