Half Wall with different heigths

Mike76

I would like to create a half wall (solid railing) that is of a certain height on one end, and a different height on the other.  

I have searched all the databases and forums and have found nothing on it.

Does anybody have any ideas?  Is this software even capable of doing it?

Just create the half wall with the top height that you want to have at the higher end. If you then open a cross section view of the wall, and select it,  edit handles will appear at the corners. You can then grab a corner and pull it down as required.

Oops, just realized that doesn't work with a half wall. Works if you draw a full height wall, look at in cross section, and adjust overall height down to railing height using centre handle, followed by splaying top using corner handle.

what you describe is how I would think it should work, it is how I have seen it work on other software, but I can not make it function.  when I grab the corner box it moves the entire wall height evenly, on both full and half walls. 

what view are you specifically referring to when you say "cross section"

I am using 2017 architect.

while technically that would indeed create a section of wall that is one height on one end and a different height on the other, it fails to create the effect intended.  I am looking for a seamless, smooth, ramped transition.  More specifically, I am trying to take an interior partition wall from celling height on one end, as an extension of a full interior wall, and ramp it down to railing height over a distance of about 10 feet.  The idea is to create a modern stylized partition wall and have a semi-open look.

That sir, is exactly what I am trying to accomplish.  May I ask what version you are using?  Clearly it works as intended.

I am using Home Designer Architectural 2017.   As I've previously stated, I can not make it do this.

I am using the latest and greatest CA software,  it is X-9.

If this is your business,  spend the money and get X9,  if you are goofing around,  build the wall out of PSOLIDS and then move on over to the HOMETALK forum for future questions,  they understand the program you are using more than I.

Excellent.  I reviewed X-9 and it does indeed do as I wish. 

Funny, it looks identical to the Architectural program, but does function slightly different.

For future reference, after further investigation, I discovered the core reason to be related to auto dimensioning.  X-9 has the option/ability to override it where as the other software does not.

Thank you so much.