What causes toolbars to randomly disappear? This evening working on X8 I exited out of program and when I opened it back up, they were gone. Can't find them. Installed X9, not there either. Any ideas?

I go to Tools, Customize Toolbars, and I get a warning "Attempting to load an invalid toolbar: ID 2001". So when i get throught that and try to import default toolbar warning says "Error loading toolbar configuration". I'm going to send in a ticket but if someone knows a quick fix, I'd appreciate it. 

You could try Preferences...Reset Options...Reset Toolbars.

This will load Chief's default toolbars and you will loose any customisation.

You will probably have to restart Chief after doing the above.

Thanks, Glenn. That worked. I had hit the "reset toolbar" in the toolbar config tab and it didn't work but this did. Thanks again!

You can also just delete the toolbar file in the data location and it will automatically re-build if needed, but only at last resort.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    slickrick1530
    Newest Member
    slickrick1530

• By AgChief
      Does anyone know 
      1) How to get my custom toolbar button icon to show?  I was trying to edit the icon and pulled it off the toolbar and it disappeared.
      2) How do I change the icon of that button?  Is it a simple matter of creating a button icon and name the file the same as the custom toolbar?  I noticed that's what the icons are named for the standard buttons.

• By decorators3
      …..Hi 

I created a floorplan with finished kitchen and en suite and saved it SAVE AS...… - however I don't know where I saved it and when I go into my Program it does not show up in recent files because I'm working  on several at the moment. How do I find files that are not showing in the program under  "Open Recent Files"

Thanks
      Levina
    • By frameworks
      **I contacted customer support and found my answer.
      when you send your view to the layout if it is in no scale like before now you just have to hold the "x" key and grab the corner to resize. Hope this saves someone some headache**

I have not seen this addressed anywhere but I am hoping someone figured this out. 

In all previous version of Chief if you pulled the corner blocks with your layout scale turned off you could resize windows to their relative scale but in X10 that changed to altering the view window of the image or imported plan segment. 
      If anyone could tell me if there is an option to still use the original corner pull tool it would be much appreciated.
    • By lindatchambers
      I have no idea what I changed, but if someone could help me out so I can change it back, that would be super! I am getting this spray icon next to my arrow and I don't know why.

• By Louie_Carter
      Chief X5 question.  I have completely lost my toolbars.  I was trying to create a new one and somehow must have destroyed them.  I tried renaming the Toolbars file to "Toolbars Old" but nothing happens to get them back.  I also tried a reset defaults and nothing there, either.

Hide Toolbars is NOT checked.

Attached screen capture shows the exact error message.  Anyone with an answer that doesn't require a full new installation from my CD disk?

I will thank everyone in advance for some help.