nitesmare

How do you make a materials list (cut list or buy list) useable for a builder?

Materials list question.  I'm using CA9.  How do I make a materials list that shows what to actually buy? I've tried editing the structural member reporting to either the cut or the buy list but then when I populate the material list it only says for an interior wall that is 84 1/2 high that I need a count of 14.  14 what?  I need a list that says something like I need 14 2x4's.  How do I create that?

Whilst in the Materials List, click on the Display Options icon on the toolbar (a square with a red tick in it).

Go to the Columns panel.

Is Size checked?

Thanks guys for your replies.  I hadn't done the framing.  Just assumed that happened automatically.  I'm still new to CA.

So I did the framing and ran a new buy list.  Is there a way to control the sizes of material on the lists?  We want to limit it to only lengths under 16'.  Currently it has stuff like 2"x4" - 24 11/16' on it. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CPDesigns
    Newest Member
    CPDesigns

• By robdyck
      Does anyone know how or where one could set different rebar options for different types of walls, or is the components tab the only place to do this? Example: I have retaining walls that require far more rebar than my default foundation walls. And unfortunately, one cannot copy a component AFAIK.
      Side question: is there a simple automatic way to get no. 4 rebar to report as 10M in a material list? And no. 5 as 15M etc.
    • By CHROMATICGA17
      Need to set default pricing for product/materials to use as default template. This way generating my materials list will be quicker.  I do not want to enter vendor specific pricing.  I want to enter labor pricing for specific materials.  I want this to default to my setting per item/sf/etc. each time i choose that template to start a plan. 

I hope this question makes sense.  Please help.
    • By DeckQuestions
      I'm trying to get a materials list going for decks, but the deck plank materials aren't being factored into Calculate Materials in Area/Room.

It does work when I Calculate Materials for All Floors or select the planks individually and use Calculate Materials from Selection. I also recently discovered that it works if I calculate in area from a floor above where the planks are, even when nothing is visible on that floor of the plan.

How can I remedy this? 
    • By DeckQuestions
      I just need the number of planks that have been collapsed in a row, not the total square feet. I feel like there's probably an easy way to do this, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks. 
    • By Slamnation
      Is it possible to change the Wall Board (Drywall) size from the default size of 4x8 to 4x12 when CA calculates the materials list?