I have been messing around with this soffit for a while and have not been able to get it to show on the 3d view.  I am sure it is a simple mistake.  But I am at the end of my guesses.  Anyone have a fix for me? 

if you take a 3d view of the front of the home.  The sloped section of roof above the front door does not have a soffit material show.  

concept 3.plan

There's no texture assigned to that material. Patterns show in Vector View, which you can see if you switch views, and textures show in standard 3D views. I'd pick another material from Chief's stock siding material or create/find a material texture if you must.

further research I noticed the soffit stops in line with the garage / mudroom wall which has "no roof / clg".  also we have a flat roof room above the owners suite with the same call-outs.  Maybe I have dbx checked that is conflicting with the 3rd floor or attic level roof overhang.  thoughts

looks like I fixed the soffit issue.  Solution, extend soffit nearly to the street and you get a material applied.  

JK, looks like the flat roof room on second story which has dbx no roof or ceiling above was eliminating the soffit material on the rake soffit.  

soffit issue fix.jpg

by toggling the dbx for ceiling and roof on the two flat roofs I can get different amounts of soffit materials.  But I have not been able to get a soffit material on that section without extending the roof plane past front wall of home.  

FIXED,  this plan has a foundation level room.  front stoop.  This room has a slab above it to create the front stoop floor.  main floor shows this as an exterior room.  I checked the dbx for no ceiling and no roof above this room.  soffit magically appeared.  wham.  

• Upvote 1

Talking to yourself sometimes does solve the problem.  But most times this forum saves me a lot of time by leaning on the experience of the other pros.  Thanks for your help.