How to add this gable end detail

BigKahuna

Not sure if this photo will work.  but wondering if there is a way to do this in Chief? The 4" bump out at peak?  do I just have to make a polyline solid and paint it or is there another way ?

[houzz=http://www.houzz.com/photos/52140/Shingle-Style-House-traditional-exterior-new-york]

If you can work it out that that is the attic wall then you could make it thicker and bump it out and it may even frame correctly for you.  Then finish it off with the trim and it should look great and be correct.  Did a quickie test plan for you in X7.  Nice looking project.  Love the eyebrow! ;)

X7 Big Kahuna Test .plan

Thanks for the replies.  I'm doing a house that is similar to the one in the picture.  I just found it doing a search for the detail but its not this plan.

I did use a P line solid  and added it in elevation form added the corbels and saved it as an object and re used it in other gables.  I'm not using this as part of a construction document but simply as a design tool. I still use autocadd for those.  I have X8 and will have to investigate the materials region method.

Chopsaw thanks for the test . I see what you did and will keep that in mind.  I do have some work yet to figure out the arched entry and a few other things.  I don't use it every day so I'm a dummy by comparison to many.