TexasMProsPlus

draft home from photo references

By that do you mean prepare a finished structure based on establishing a scale reference to a photo and then prepare a model and hence finished working drawings - anything is possible it depends on the number and quality of the photos?

That is just looking for someone to sue you, I would never do that.

In more seriousness. It is a tall and slippery order to create a drawing based on someone else giving you dimensions. To create and accurate plan from photos is pretty much impossible.

Thus the reason for  specific and detailed contracts. Not impossible, but tedious. The best way is to have the person photograph a distant view of each side being measured by some people and then a close up of the tape showing the measurement. Each photographed measurement must be agreed upon by all parties prior to actually putting pen to paper or mouse movement. As I said, tedious work for sure for the person doing the measuring but it can work.

Hi Serenity,

If everyone else is still scared away from your offer, I would be open to discussing.

I agree that specifics and detailed contracts make this quite possible.  I do much of my designing ONLY from pictures that clients provide me.  Unless I'm missing something I'm not sure what people's hesitations are.

Anyway, let me know if you are still of need.

Thanks much.

Doug Galler

Principal

Mr. Galler,

Sorry to disappoint, but you need to contact the original poster, TexasMProsPlus. I am not the one needing the work completed. I was just discussing the method of how it could be done.

Hi.

If everyone else is still scared away from your offer, I would be open to discussing.

I agree that specifics and detailed contracts make this quite possible.  I do much of my designing ONLY from pictures that clients provide me.  Unless I'm missing something I'm not sure what people's hesitations are.

Anyway, let me know if you are still of need.

Thanks much.

Doug Galler

Principal

Woodland_Design_LLC Logo Black and White - Copy 2.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    GeraldWalsh
    Newest Member
    GeraldWalsh

• By Kaylynnmarie47
      Hello! I am a experienced chief user and I’m in search of a full time job with it! I completed a internship where I used the program and recently graduated for my Tech School where I was teaching the program to some other students! If you have anything please contact me at (405) 315-2985 or email kvet320@hotmail.com
    • By MN_JohnH
      I know this has been talked about before but I can not find it and I can't figure out how to do it again.
      I have a house drawing and I have the terrain drawn and I would like to orient the house differently on the terrain. I want to keep my house drawing square with my plan so it would need to be the terrain itself that has to rotate. I can rotate the terrain perimeter but that doesn't rotate the elevation lines etc. When I select the perimeter and all the elevation lines, i am not able to rotate the whole thing.
    • By CDRStructural
      We are a structural engineering firm primarily in the Charlotte, NC metro area. We are starting up a new office in Anderson, SC to service the SC upstate of Anderson, Greenville, Spartanburg, and Clemson, SC and the surrounding area. We have used Chief Architect since 2008 to serve the residential and commercial building design community. We are increasing our business and are looking for SC Upstate local contract designers that use fairly current Chief versions to assist us. We are looking for contractors that can be available for on site visits as necessary to support the design work. We often have revision and design work that needs support from knowledgeable Chief users. A working knowledge of AutoCAD LT wouldn't hurt either. If you are in the Upstate of SC I would like to start a discussion with you.  Thank you,
    • By MN_JohnH
      I am trying to figure out how to move and position my plot lines independent of the house plan. I have a couple layers that I would like to move all at once, rotating and whatever. I have a JPEG layer with an areal view and then a cad layer with the topo lines that I have traced, Ultimately I will make those topo lines into a terrain to so I will have those additional layers that I would like to move all at the same time. I want to keep the house square in front of me but I need to move the land around to get the house positioned better. Is there a way to select by layer and select everything on a few layers so I can move them around? I can make them all into a block but the I can't make the block go behind the footprint of the house so I can't see the house as I am positioning the land.
    • By carissa_mahnken
      We are a small interior design firm in northern new new jersey, we rely heavily on Chief for our presentation materials and construction specs. We are working on a large project and need more bandwith in creating 3D renderings, condocs, etc. Also would like someone to set up our defaults and layer sets properly as we have never really done that correctly. Please provide portfolio and rates. If anyone is in the Metro NYC area that would be even better, but willing to try remote if we can trade markups easily. Must have experience in drawing millwork and cabinetry. Must be in X10.